Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fifa 18

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really enjoying gameplay on this years edition, defending is taking some getting used to but its more fun to play than 17 IMO. The AI seems a lot more intelligent as well which is great.

Anyone got any good packs on FUT yet? I ask because I packed ****ing DEL PIERO last night in a 7.5k pack (the 87 version). Sold for 1.1 million :moo:

Players I've been most impressed with so far in FUT have been Can and Lallana to be honest, they play like much higher rated players. I invested in the OTW Morata last night, haven't had the chance to play with him yet but have heard good things.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Really enjoying gameplay on this years edition, defending is taking some getting used to but its more fun to play than 17 IMO. The AI seems a lot more intelligent as well which is great.

Anyone got any good packs on FUT yet? I ask because I packed ****ing DEL PIERO last night in a 7.5k pack (the 87 version). Sold for 1.1 million :moo:

Players I've been most impressed with so far in FUT have been Can and Lallana to be honest, they play like much higher rated players. I invested in the OTW Morata last night, haven't had the chance to play with him yet but have heard good things.

Wow unreal! Have you bought many packs?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm finally dipping into FUT and have enjoyed it so far, despite having very little idea what I'm doing. I play matches, get coins and packs full of shite players. Is that the whole thing? Playing against other people is good fun though especially when you're 3-0 up in the 89th minute and they decide to quit :thumbsup: I still get the win though.

Gameplay wise I'm finding the defending really difficult. In my career mode last night Watford carved me open numerous times; they were almost Barcelona-esque. I think maybe I'm being too gung-ho.
Player-switching feels broken to me. Either happens too late or switches to a player I hadn't expected.
Goalies - won't catch crosses. Always end up punching or missing entirely.

Minor quibbles aside I'm bloody loving it. Haven't played a footy game since FIFA16 so there's a bunch of new stuff in here that I'm really enjoying.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wow unreal! Have you bought many packs?

Spent £30 on launch day (told myself it would be all I spend just to get me going) and got a few decent pulls: Valencia, Mata, Bellerin, Muller and a few others. Also got an untradeable Bailly, so a decent starting point.

Bought £11.99 of points last night on a whim and that happened! First time I've ever got an icon/legend, so extremely happy. Never had this amount of coins but PL players are so pricey right now that I'm not going to go building a crazy team just yet... OTW Morata dropped significantly in price after he picked up what seems to be a minor injury on Saturday, managed to pick him up for 340k as a result. I see that as an investment more than anything that hopefully won't lose too much value even if he doesn't get another in-form.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Spent £30 on launch day (told myself it would be all I spend just to get me going) and got a few decent pulls: Valencia, Mata, Bellerin, Muller and a few others. Also got an untradeable Bailly, so a decent starting point.

Bought £11.99 of points last night on a whim and that happened! First time I've ever got an icon/legend, so extremely happy. Never had this amount of coins but PL players are so pricey right now that I'm not going to go building a crazy team just yet... OTW Morata dropped significantly in price after he picked up what seems to be a minor injury on Saturday, managed to pick him up for 340k as a result. I see that as an investment more than anything that hopefully won't lose too much value even if he doesn't get another in-form.

Wow thats so good! Might buy 30 quids worth tonight and chance my luck.

My advice is I'd hold off buying players atm as they are well expensive! They go down gradually as the game goes on and massively at Christmas after toty.

Mbappa would be my pick of the OTW.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I see. That's me out of FUT. Bugger spending £50 on a game and then £30 more to be able to compete against 12 year olds.

Career mode it is [emoji106]
I think you can do 'quick' online matches just using real teams and not the FUT constructed ones though?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I simply can't comprehend why you would want to spend money to try and beat someone you will never meet. Bizarre human behaviour. In fact beating someone who isn't sitting next to you is pretty dull on anything. But then I am 38 and don't get the whole online gaming thing much to my 9 year old's frustration.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wow thats so good! Might buy 30 quids worth tonight and chance my luck.

My advice is I'd hold off buying players atm as they are well expensive! They go down gradually as the game goes on and massively at Christmas after toty.

Mbappa would be my pick of the OTW.

In the other 9 packs I got with my 1,600 points I got nothing but non-rares in 8 of them and a Dani Alves in the other which goes for about 5k, so I would've been cursing myself for wasting my money if the Del Piero hadn't popped up!

Absolutely, prices are nuts at the moment. I think I'm going to keep at least 650k in reserve and just have a good but not top of the range PL side until the market stabilises.

Wouldn't be surprised to see OTW Mbappe go up to 88+ with Pele-esque stats as the season goes on. Would be a great card to have but he is going for 600k!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Enjoying it. In the last few FIFAs you could play relatively brainlessly, relying on instinct to get you through. This one will not allow that. You have to think about every single movement you make, be far more patient, and build up play intelligently. Well done FIFA for having some guts to change the gameplay quite drastically (imo).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This will sound like I'm taking the piss but why would you spend real money on FUT packs? Do you need to in order to stand a chance competitively?

I wouldn't say you HAVE to, if you grind away and do SBCs you can get a good squad together, and as mentioned above, prices drop massively when more people are playing the game and they release a load of promos around Christmas.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Being a geek have started a non-Brighton career and will wait for all the faces to update before doing so.

Started as AC Milan which is quite fun.

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
When or are the faces due to update as I remember hemed posted a Instagram about how he cant wait for his fifa self to actually look like him, and also I want a bearded Bruno on Fifa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
When or are the faces due to update as I remember hemed posted a Instagram about how he cant wait for his fifa self to actually look like him, and also I want a bearded Bruno on Fifa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be an update around a month in which will put them in. There was not enough time between the scanning and the release to put them in on release day

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I bought the Ronaldo edition and put 40 dollars of points on there too. Pulled TOTW David Silva, Varane, Fabregas. Sold them all for about 200k and made a Bundesliga squad. Currently saving up for Neuer because the lower rated GKs this year are atrocious. The dream is to pull an Icon though, they look fun. If anybody is spending time on FUT I recommend you take the time to complete the Hybrid Nations and Hybrid Leagues SBCs, I made about 100k profit on them once they were all completed.

Not sure why people are so keen to judge others on what they spend their money on to be honest, to those asking why I spend money on a game to get a good team, it's because I want to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here