Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fifa 18

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I bought the Ronaldo edition and put 40 dollars of points on there too. Pulled TOTW David Silva, Varane, Fabregas. Sold them all for about 200k and made a Bundesliga squad. Currently saving up for Neuer because the lower rated GKs this year are atrocious. The dream is to pull an Icon though, they look fun. If anybody is spending time on FUT I recommend you take the time to complete the Hybrid Nations and Hybrid Leagues SBCs, I made about 100k profit on them once they were all completed.

Not sure why people are so keen to judge others on what they spend their money on to be honest, to those asking why I spend money on a game to get a good team, it's because I want to.

No judgement here, although I can see why it may have come across that way. I've no doubt that some of the stuff I spend money on would be as baffling to you guys as spending money on FUT packs is to me.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I bought the Ronaldo edition and put 40 dollars of points on there too. Pulled TOTW David Silva, Varane, Fabregas. Sold them all for about 200k and made a Bundesliga squad. Currently saving up for Neuer because the lower rated GKs this year are atrocious. The dream is to pull an Icon though, they look fun. If anybody is spending time on FUT I recommend you take the time to complete the Hybrid Nations and Hybrid Leagues SBCs, I made about 100k profit on them once they were all completed.

Not sure why people are so keen to judge others on what they spend their money on to be honest, to those asking why I spend money on a game to get a good team, it's because I want to.

I am not judging. I just can't comprehend it. I love cricket and many of my mates find it baffling that I could happily sit for a whole day watching an inevitable draw. I have tried get into online gaming but I just can't.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I've managed to completely rebuild the Brighton squad on ultimate team, right down to have both kits and the Amex stadium. Unfortunately, on FIFA, our team has absolutely no pace except for Gross apparently, so winning online is a battle at the very least.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying the player career mode. Currently a youngster trying to break into the Seagulls squad. The constant training sessions get a bit repetitive though.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I've managed to completely rebuild the Brighton squad on ultimate team, right down to have both kits and the Amex stadium. Unfortunately, on FIFA, our team has absolutely no pace except for Gross apparently, so winning online is a battle at the very least.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying the player career mode. Currently a youngster trying to break into the Seagulls squad. The constant training sessions get a bit repetitive though.

Izquierdo ?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Pröpper is good on ultimate team. I'm not really playing much online as I'm preferring squad battles as the rewards look like they will be good.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Pröpper is good on ultimate team. I'm not really playing much online as I'm preferring squad battles as the rewards look like they will be good.
Also really enjoying Squad Battles. In Gold 1 at the moment after winning all my games and beating Mullers team 4-1 on professional but I can't see winning all my games on professional being enough to make it into Gold come the end of the week...

I will give Propper a go, I've tried out Gross but he didn't do much for me. In terms of OP players I've found, OTW Morata in particular is sensational but obviously has the very hefty price tag. Sterling is amazing as well, he was my go to guy in 17 playing as a RF and I get the impression he will be again in 18.

In terms of cheaper players, I've been really impressed with Lallana; he's really well rounded and is capable of defending as well as getting forward. Kolasinac and Aurier are also absolute machines and Izquierdo is a great player to bring on with 20 mins to go when you need a goal.

Was disappointed with Sane though, especially considering I paid 30k for him. Managed to sell him for 37k though so it all worked out alright.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Spending money on the best goalkeepers is worth it this year, the difference is massive. I went from Baumann to Neuer and it's a world apart. All those stupid mistakes your GK make are wiped out with the big boys.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I haven't yet ventured online, but really enjoying career mode at the moment.

I disabled the summer transfer window, and just purchased Florin Andone in the January transfer window for around £20 million. He's done well so far! One of my scouts also identified Babacar as a potential striking target which made me laugh! Gross is absolute mustard and is our top scorer, and Propper is brilliant too... notching up a fair few assists.

I'm finding it quite easy offline, there doesn't seem to be an 'Ultimate' difficulty mode this year for some reason? Currently lying 2nd or 3rd in the table with around 8 games to go, Spurs are out of sight at the top of the league but look good for a champions league spot... we can but dream!

I have to say it is far more realistic gameplay wise this year though. The only gripe I have so far is that the net doesn't ripple in the same satisfying way that it does in real life when you score a goal. It's quite hard to see sometimes whether the ball goes in or not.

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Pulled Mertens & ToTW Azipil, sat on 300k and feeling like a king. Best FiFA for yonks, you actually have to THINK to be able to defend well. I'd build a full Brighton squad but players are silly money at the moment. As much as I like Izquierdo, there's no way he's worth 15k!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Pulled Mertens & ToTW Azipil, sat on 300k and feeling like a king. Best FiFA for yonks, you actually have to THINK to be able to defend well. I'd build a full Brighton squad but players are silly money at the moment. As much as I like Izquierdo, there's no way he's worth 15k!

Is that on PS4? I got him for 2.5k on Xbox last Friday. Certainly not worth 15k but handy to have off the bench.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Is that on PS4? I got him for 2.5k on Xbox last Friday. Certainly not worth 15k but handy to have off the bench.

I got him for about the same price on Xbox at the weekend.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Completed all the SBCs last night, opened up my rare players pack, the boards came down, French striker from Atletico... I was already celebrating packing Griezmann, then ****ing Gameiro popped up :tantrum:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Trying to play Pro Clubs (5 humans v 5 humans) online could be so much fun, except almost everyone plays like an absolute moron, rendering it near pointless unless you can play with a load of mates.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Picked him up for £1k on PS4 two days ago.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
What's the general consensus of defending on this one vs defending on the last one?

I will happily admit I'm more likely to grind out a 1-0 that smash in 5 or 6 in a game. Defending in the last one was frustrating at times and I read that it's almost pointless to try and defend (manual, specifically) on this game now and it's just about scoring tons.

Any defensive artisans with any experiences to speak of?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What's the general consensus of defending on this one vs defending on the last one?

I will happily admit I'm more likely to grind out a 1-0 that smash in 5 or 6 in a game. Defending in the last one was frustrating at times and I read that it's almost pointless to try and defend (manual, specifically) on this game now and it's just about scoring tons.

Any defensive artisans with any experiences to speak of?

I've built up my previous careers on defence. To be fair I have picked good teams (Juve last time) to start with and always sort of my defence first.

I will always go three at the back and two wing backs who must have stamina over 85 or over. I also like two midfielders in front of the 3. Usually 6ft 2+ and 85+ strength (basically, I always sign Fellaini).

Some call me negative :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here