Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fifa 18

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
What does that mean?

Ultimate team is the best mode.

Its basically like a card collecting game and you earn coins to buy better cards by playing games with the player cards you already have.

Teams also need to have good chemistry so players who are beside each other need to be from either the same league or country.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=jlLal25unMRIo:FFA18PS4 Thats my starter team as an example.

He means that he wants top make enough coins by playing to build a full Brighton team.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
What does that mean?
Ultimate team is the best mode.

Its basically like a card collecting game and you earn coins to buy better cards by playing games with the player cards you already have.

Teams also need to have good chemistry so players who are beside each other need to be from either the same league or country.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=jlLal25unMRIo:FFA18PS4 Thats my starter team as an example.

He means that he wants top make enough coins by playing to build a full Brighton team.
Jameswestport has explained it pretty well. You have to collect players, stadiums, kits etc... it'll take ages to recreate the squad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'm charged with picking up a copy (PS4) today for my lads.

Where is the best deal, anybody?

£49.99 seems the going rate? (Tesco, Asda) Think a couple of pounds less at Morrisons, but not one near me.

Smyths is cheapest at about £45 but only in store. If you are near Crawley I think they have one there. Otherwise yeah £49.99 is probably the best deal you will find. picked mine up from Asda.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Am I alone in being solely interested in Career mode? It's all I play and I love it.

Nope, not alone. I usually have a Career manager save going on as Brighton and then a Be-A-Pro save as the footballer I could have been if I'd had talent or determination.

Ultimate Team has never interested me. Nor has the multiplayer. Largely because I end up getting dicked in every single game by a 9 year old with nimble thumbs and the ability to do all the fancy shit.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Career mode by myself and Kick Off if I have people over and they fancy a game.

I never play Career Mode as Brighton though, I do the old League 2 to Premier League.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Jameswestport has explained it pretty well. You have to collect players, stadiums, kits etc... it'll take ages to recreate the squad.

Our players won't be costing much in the transfer market, so you could always recreate the squad by purchasing our players there rather than leaving it to chance via the packs.

FIFA 17 was all about pace and strength. The best player in the game was Anthony Martial for that exact reason. Hopefully FIFA 18 is a little more lifelike and technically brilliant players like David Silva are actually usable!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Our players won't be costing much in the transfer market, so you could always recreate the squad by purchasing our players there rather than leaving it to chance via the packs.

FIFA 17 was all about pace and strength. The best player in the game was Anthony Martial for that exact reason. Hopefully FIFA 18 is a little more lifelike and technically brilliant players like David Silva are actually usable!

I hear Michail Antonio (position changed to ST) and Bakayoko from Chelsea are the OP Premier League players of 18. Also seems that defending is totally broken...

I've just picked up my copy, can't wait to get stuck in when I get back from work. Trying to build a hybrid which fits in Izquierdo and Yarmolenko on Futhead in anticipation but struggling.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Smyths is cheapest at about £45 but only in store. If you are near Crawley I think they have one there. Otherwise yeah £49.99 is probably the best deal you will find. picked mine up from Asda.

Thanks. We saw the Smyths deal, but nearest one would have cost more in fuel than the saving!

Sorted now - the lads' mug Mum, got their mug Grandad to drive 20 miles to Morrisons to get it. It is £47 there, but comes down to £42 if you spend £40 on groceries.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Can anyone confirm whether you can play for Brighton in the story mode?

Getting FIFA is very tempting, especially with Brighton getting the proper EPL treatment, but I think I'd rather save up money and upgrade my computer before getting it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can anyone confirm whether you can play for Brighton in the story mode?

Getting FIFA is very tempting, especially with Brighton getting the proper EPL treatment, but I think I'd rather save up money and upgrade my computer before getting it.

I won't spoil it, but from what I've seen, you don't get much choice of who you actually play for in The Journey this year, certainly not in the first couple of seasons anyway (if that's what you're referring to).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Always preferred Pro Evo

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here