Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fifa 18

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
As a routine, my son and I play each fixture that is coming up (eg we’ll Brighton v Newcastle at the weekend and each time I get smashed routinely. But I love scoring the odd goal. FIFA is great but like everyone says, you have to put in the practice. I don’t think anyone over the age of 25 has the time to practice that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a routine, my son and I play each fixture that is coming up (eg we’ll Brighton v Newcastle at the weekend and each time I get smashed routinely. But I love scoring the odd goal. FIFA is great but like everyone says, you have to put in the practice. I don’t think anyone over the age of 25 has the time to practice that much.

Don't under-estimate me on that score.

Playing FIFA for 10 hours a day every day will be more productive than I've been for around 18 months now.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
Full list of our FUT ratings for this year -

Goalkeepers
Ryan (77)
Krul (77)
Maenpaa (67)

Defenders
Dunk (75)
Schelotto (75)
Suttner (74)
Duffy (74)
Bong (73)
Bruno (72)
Rosenior (71)
Uwe (71)
Goldson (70)

Midfielders
Propper (77)
Gross (76)
Knockaert (76)
Stephens (74)
Kayal (73)
Sidwell (71)
Brown (71)
March (71)
Murphy (69)
Skalak (68)
Bjordal (65)

Attackers
Izquierdo (78)
Murray (73)
Hemed (72)
Baldock (70)
Annach (68)

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Speaking of FIFA 18, want to see the Amex in action?

First Amex gameplay to be published I believe, looks absolutely amazing! :)

Skip to 5:00:

Looks good, although I'm surprised that Terry Christian chose to play as Brighton.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Which platform is everyone getting this on?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I live on Career Mode. Wonderful

I can't wait to get mine started. First targets

Fellaini - Power in centre mid. Break the bank for him. My favourite Fifa player
Rondon - More power up to.

I like all elements of Career Mode except the bit where I have to play against the Computer. I find playing against AI insanely boring, as they always do the same old tricks. Online is great with totally changeable, varied opponents. But I can't be arsed with all the collectables in FUT. So that leaves me online seasons.

Cool story.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I always suffer from 'FIFA thumbs' when I play these games - hence my penchant for a more managerial game role.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm a bit jealous. The Amex looks fantastic but I defected from Fifa to PES 16 years ago.

I've tried to go back, but Fifa just feels so basic and so easy in comparison.

I wish it didn't though, downloading a name and kit patch for PES is fiddly and takes an age.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pre ordered the PS3 compatible FIFA18 for my son ages back, it should arrive any day now.

Looking from afar as a non-gamer, the graphics, stadia, players etc, get so much better every year.

He can't wait to see the virtual Amex and the current squad.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Haven't played since FIFA 2012 I think. Can you still create a player and then play solely as them? I always used to start up, sign for Brighton and then they'd immediately loan me out. Used to seriously wind me up. I helped Watford win the prem and played for England, but every year BHA, struggling in League 1 would loan me out!!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Shame that they made the Amex before the South East corner was done.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Clearly the result is all wrong but looks good...

PES is still the better game though. :fishing:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Track and Field, from memory, was more of a joystick frenzy, sticking it to a table and standing over it to get the best left/right motion!
#GeekAlert

Most Track and Field cabs were button based rather than joystick based although I definitely saw a joystick one. We had a supply teacher at school called Mrs Farrell and we used to drum the table with both hands before pressing an imaginary central button as you would for the long jump. All because the speech in the game that was supposed to say Foul sounded like Farrell

Standing over a table with a joystick would most likely be Daley Thompson's Decathlon although it could have have been a home port of the arcade game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here