• Select "No" and hand card in to a cashier

Votes: 51 91.1%
  • Something else [what?]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Following in the recent theme of moral interrogation threads on NSC ...

Waiting behind someone at an ATM. Person in front walks off, out comes my card ready, but screen says: "Would you like to do another transaction?" [or similar] - person had walked off leaving their card in the ATM and when I looked round they were nowhere to be seen.

What would you do?

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Run after the 'person in front' and give them their card back.
If not able to locate the person, hand card in to Bank.

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
I can't be the only one who thinks it's a little disheartening that these questions even need to be asked? As for some of the responses...

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Assume same as other threads....20% would steal money ...80% would give card back !!!!! Hope NSC not a measure of society in general.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Depends how long you want to spend in the slammer for theft.

PS - see post 2

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Waiting behind someone at an ATM. Person in front walks off, out comes my card ready, but screen says: "Would you like to do another transaction?" [or similar] - person had walked off leaving their card in the ATM and when I looked round they were nowhere to be seen.

What would you do?

that wouldn't happen though

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Withdraw £300 then chuck the card over my shoulder whilst giving the owner the middle finger as he/she continues off down the high street.

:shrug:

edit: then buy 30 Bournemouth tickets with the proceeds.....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

What would you do?

No brainer , shout at them and tell them about their card :shootself

Or even, withdraw £???????? million squid to buy us a new striker........

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
that wouldn't happen though

You'd think, but it did to me in Epsom high street in 1997 during my lunch break ....

When I got back to work, I asked my team what they might have done. One lad said straight away that he would hand the card in, quickly followed by - because there is a camera behind the screen and your mug-shot would be all over crime-watch. Glad I handed it in ....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nah no chance can u do it at an Cash point, was at a self service check out once n a guy walked off without taking his £10 note, I thought about it, then handed it to a store worker, 10 seconds later guy comes up to me, "did you see a tenner?"
"Yes I gave it to her"
Would've been embarrassing taking it out my pocket

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
You'd think, but it did to me in Epsom high street in 1997 during my lunch break ....

When I got back to work, I asked my team what they might have done. One lad said straight away that he would hand the card in, quickly followed by - because there is a camera behind the screen and your mug-shot would be all over crime-watch. Glad I handed it in ....

oh, ok, thought it asked about another transaction before giving the card back

I would shout after the person, if that didn't work hand/post it in to the bank

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have on one occasion many years ago been in a situation where the chap in front took his card and walked off. I stepped in quickly and his cash popped out which I pulled out.

He hadn't gone far but it saved me taking any of my money out that day.

No I called him back and got a mumbled thanks.

I have on one occasion many years ago been in a situation where the chap in front took his card and walked off. I stepped in quickly and his cash popped out which I pulled out.

He hadn't gone far but it saved me taking any of my money out that day.

No I called him back and got a mumbled thanks.

Same thing happened to me when an old girl walked off without taking her cash, called after her but before she got back to the ATM it sucked the money back in, she then proceeded to have a right go at me for letting it happen.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I voted No in that situation, however, I found a roll of 500 euros on a train once (after it arrived into the station but before the cleaners went on) - not in a wallet or anything, just on the floor beneath a seat. No one around.

I thought about it but stayed on the train, as I was going to work. No one came back for it before the train left (admittedly, only a few minutes).

I kept it, as I thought what would happen to it if I just left it or handed it in? How could anyone prove it was theirs? What kind of idiot/tourist doesn't keep that amount of dosh in a wallet/purse? Lost money can be claimed via travel insurance.

This was about 10 years ago, so worth less than it would now.

I didn't and don't feel bad about it at all. It was just bad luck for them and good luck for me. At another time I found a wallet with money and details in it and contacted the owner in person. Different scenario.

What would you have done? (Also, someone witty will start a "Lost 500 euros" thread I'm sure).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here