Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS sniper gets karma

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Islamic State 'execution' stopped by RAF drone in Syria

The RAF has released footage of a drone being used to stop a public killing that was about to be staged by so-called Islamic State (IS) in Syria.

The BBC's Jonathan Beale visited the command centre in Qatar that is co-ordinating the campaign against IS.

This is first time British media has been allowed there.

:)

Video link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...state-execution-stopped-by-raf-drone-in-syria

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Islamic State 'execution' stopped by RAF drone in Syria

The RAF has released footage of a drone being used to stop a public killing that was about to be staged by so-called Islamic State (IS) in Syria.

The BBC's Jonathan Beale visited the command centre in Qatar that is co-ordinating the campaign against IS.

This is first time British media has been allowed there.

:)

Video link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...state-execution-stopped-by-raf-drone-in-syria

I saw that on the Beeb

It was beautiful - a bit like 'their' defender got a deserved 'RED' card so to speak !

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I think of Daleks when I think of the ISIS problem. I'd include silly German girls and women and indeed anyone who subscribes to that barbaric version of Islam. Exterminate the lot. Yes innocents will die, loads of conflicts have shown us this. Cockroaches the lot of them.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They personify the definition of terrorism - they control by Terror. Hence the public beheading with audience being forced to watch at gun point.

Like all Evil, they use a twisted version of something to justify their actions.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The accuracy is so impressive. For none of them to notice the drone must be a significant distance away from the target. Anyone know the the technology involved, is it satellite linked, laser guided?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There was a video doing the rounds recently on some of the more non mainstream social media outlets of an Islamic State bloke getting firing his RPG completely wrong, ended up taking his own head off, it was hysterical, going to watch it again at xmas for lols just before the ultimate feel good film for xmas, Zero Dark Thirty.

Still ,kudos to the RAF and "no credible evidence" there has been a civilian casualty from the RAF since they began in 2014.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The accuracy is so impressive. For none of them to notice the drone must be a significant distance away from the target. Anyone know the the technology involved, is it satellite linked, laser guided?

They use Hellfire missiles which are laser guided.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They use Hellfire missiles which are laser guided.

So is the laser from the launch vehicle or from another source?

Edit: okay so either from the aircraft or outside it. Can be launched then subsequently lock onto a laser signal.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Edit: okay so either from the aircraft or outside it. Can be launched then subsequently lock onto a laser signal.

Either/or I believe.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Next one has Fatboys name on it.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

As far as I know, it doesn't necessarily need the laser as it can be locked on to a target before release so there must be dual guidance systems to account for all eventualities.
I know it can be fitted with any number of varying warheads for tanks, personnel, bunkers, aircraft etc. Can also be fired from land or air, pretty versatile little bugger.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
As far as I know, it doesn't necessarily need the laser as it can be locked on to a target before release so there must be dual guidance systems to account for all eventualities.
I know it can be fitted with any number of varying warheads for tanks, personnel, bunkers, aircraft etc. Can also be fired from land or air, pretty versatile little bugger.

Let's hope they don't get their hands on some or we're all pretty ****ed aren't we?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here