Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Rock Garden

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Well done, Jevs. Has the City Council cut back on funding for parks? I believe a of councils have. If so, makes the award all the more deserved.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Most of the council gardens in Brighton have a superb core of volunteers...who without, none of these awards would ever be possible.

You do this as a volunteer? Wow, commendable and big respect. Must take up a lot of your spare time - how many hours do you put in?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Very proud Garden Manager today.

Today, i attended the Britain in Bloom awards for the south and south east at a posh hotel near Gatwick.

I was absolutely delighted to pick up a gold for the Rockery and a Horticultural achievement award for myself.

Dyke Road park and Woodvale Cemetry also picked up a silver gilt and my colleague who looks after the level in Brighton got an amaizing gardener of the year award.

Most of the council gardens in Brighton have a superb core of volunteers...who without, none of these awards would ever be possible.

Bloody chuffed to bits

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden/

Edit....nearly forgot. None of this would've been possible without the belief and encouragement of my former manager....the legend that is Jack Straw. Thank you for everything Graeme.

Excellent news, very pleased for you both, an well deserved award for your hard graft:bowdown::clap:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
You do this as a volunteer? Wow, commendable and big respect. Must take up a lot of your spare time - how many hours do you put in?

Not me mate, I'm the only one who's paid but it's my job to get the volunteers on board and keep them plied with coffee and biscuits. The garden wouldn't look as quater as good without them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here