Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Rock Garden

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Very proud Garden Manager today.

Today, i attended the Britain in Bloom awards for the south and south east at a posh hotel near Gatwick.

I was absolutely delighted to pick up a gold for the Rockery and a Horticultural achievement award for myself.

Dyke Road park and Woodvale Cemetry also picked up a silver gilt and my colleague who looks after the level in Brighton got an amaizing gardener of the year award.

Most of the council gardens in Brighton have a superb core of volunteers...who without, none of these awards would ever be possible.

Bloody chuffed to bits

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden/

Edit....nearly forgot. None of this would've been possible without the belief and encouragement of my former manager....the legend that is Jack Straw. Thank you for everything Graeme.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Today, i attended the Britain in Bloom awards for the south and south east at a posh hotel near Gatwick.

I was absolutely delighted to pick up a gold for the Rockery and a Horticultural achievement award for myself.

Dyke Road park and Woodvale Cemetry also picked up a silver gilt and my colleague who looks after the level in Brighton got an amaizing gardener of the year award.

Most of the council gardens in Brighton have a superb core of volunteers...who without, none of these awards would ever be possible.

Bloody chuffed to bits

So I just heard (from another winner - the Stanford & Cleveland Community Garden).

MANY CONGRATULATIONS! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::love::clap2::wave::banana::banana::banana::cheers:punk::cheery:

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Bloody chuffed to bits

Well done sir! I love that place.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
NSC poll rigging again Jevs? ???
Seriously though, thoroughly deserved. As a "One-man Band", you've somehow cobbled together a volunteer workforce consisting of various cross-sections of the public who between you have performed a horticultural miracle. Well done to everyone involved.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
My favourite garden - reminds me of my Primary School days each time I drive past. We regularly had school walks from Harrington Road to the Rock Gardens. A part of my youth that hasn't ever changed - it looks beautiful, well done and thank you Jevs :)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Bloody chuffed to bits

Edit....nearly forgot. None of this would've been possible without the belief and encouragement of my former manager....the legend that is Jack Straw. Thank you for everything Graeme.

You're very kind! :blush: You forgot to mention this award?

Attachments

• In Bloom Certificate.jpg
    In Bloom Certificate.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 163

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Seeing some litter floating in the pond did what I usually do which was to pick it up and put it in the bin although was surprised that one of the items along with the empty coke tins was a large party size barbeque still in its cellophane wrapper.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Many congrats!!

Have to say I hadnt been here for absolutely donkeys but girlfriend was over from US couple months back and we went for stroll here and absolutely loved it.

Keep up the good work!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Still think of it as The Rookery as it has been to me since my mum took me there in the 50's. Wonderful little green lung by where I played my first tennis before the courts were torn up. Great job Jevs - well done and thank you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I think you've paid your penance and should be welcomed over to the light side. Just drop me a PM for a new Avatar.

I went past it today and its absolutely stunning - well deserved

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Congratulations Jevs and what a brilliant achievement. I miss seeing it regularly, now we don't play at Withdean, but whenever I do see it, it's immaculate, no matter what the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here