Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Simple solution is to only add the loyalty points if the ticket is used / scanned at the turnstile.

I say 'simple' but it would require club resources which, I imagine, would be foisted onto us in the form of ST price increases.

I'd say the simple solution is for the club to admit they screwed up instead of blaming football fans doing what football fans do-using the system available to them. Then move on and make sure they don't screw up again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd say the simple solution is for the club to admit they screwed up instead of blaming football fans doing what football fans do-using the system available to them. Then move on and make sure they don't screw up again.

Amen to that........

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The proof was in the data as posted by Bozza, which indicated the top loyalty points owners were the biggest category of no shows.

Or did it.

The comment was in relation to those in tier 1 who brought and failed to attend. However the threshold for the Bournemouth cup game was 217 points, which is the lowest starting point for tier 1 for any away games this season. This compares with 281 points for the league game against Bournemouth.

If the full data was released I would suspect that most of the these no shows were in the band between 217 and 275 points as they have more to gain by acquiring the points from the cup game.

When you compare with the threshold for the League game, or the 264 points for the West Ham game then most of the non shows are unlikely to be in the upper bracket of the top tier as set for games other than the Bournemouth cup game

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The problem with this system is that you can have people who never go to away games but have had a season ticket for 17 years yet someone who has had a season ticket for 10 years and has regularly supported the club away from home is behind them in the pecking order for the glamour games.

I don't know because the stats aren't available but I would guess that the vast majority of fans in the top tier have been fans for quite a few years.
But with onlly 4 or 5000 STH at Withdean then I would imagine the top band would be limited to people who held season tickets at Withdean, so I doubt 5 or 20 years would make a lot of difference. Band two would probably start with people whose 1st ST was in the 1st season at the Amex.

There will always be unfairness for anyone who misses out. But loyalty to me should mean season tickets holders at the club.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But with onlly 4 or 5000 STH at Withdean then I would imagine the top band would be limited to people who held season tickets at Withdean, so I doubt 5 or 20 years would make a lot of difference. Band two would probably start with people whose 1st ST was in the 1st season at the Amex.

There will always be unfairness for anyone who misses out. But loyalty to me should mean season tickets holders at the club.

I thought only Amex season tickets count for loyalty points ? It doesn't go back any further.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I agree with your last comment but as has been mentioned, the LP scheme only takes into account STHs during the Amex years. That said, I would suggest that it is highly likely that the 4/5000 STHs from Withdean all bought a season for the first Amex season and subsequent ones so they are, if they have been travelling away regularly, still likely to form the bulk of the top tier.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree with your last comment but as has been mentioned, the LP scheme only takes into account STHs during the Amex years. That said, I would suggest that it is highly likely that the 4/5000 STHs from Withdean all bought a season for the first Amex season and subsequent ones so they are, if they have been travelling away regularly, still likely to form the bulk of the top tier.

Anyone with a ST for 7 years who has done around 10 away games, plus maybe a couple of cup matches at 20pts each, in each of the last couple of seasons (given the halving of points each season those further back than that aren't worth a lot) will be in the top tier for the 3,000 seat games (190 + 70 + 35)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anyone with a ST for 7 years who has done around 10 away games, plus maybe a couple of cup matches at 20pts each, in each of the last couple of seasons (given the halving of points each season those further back than that aren't worth a lot) will be in the top tier for the 3,000 seat games (190 + 70 + 35)

*Pedant alert* (if accurate).

I think the ST element of the LP is for the number of times one has renewed (or the number of complete seasons) by the start of the season in question. Thus the maximum ST component of the LP for this season is 180, not 190.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
*Pedant alert* (if accurate).

I think the ST element of the LP is for the number of times one has renewed (or the number of complete seasons) by the start of the season in question. Thus the maximum ST component of the LP for this season is 180, not 190.

Fair point......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here