Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hopefully Barber & Co. will read this thread.
[MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] have given you the answer to your problem.

1. When tickets are cheap for some reason, mainly cup games, then (unfortunately for those that genuinely attend) just accept that there have to be no loyalty points awarded for those games.
2. For the time being, stop awarding any more Loyalty Points to people snapping up tickets for some of the most attractive away fixtures in the club's history. END IT RIGHT NOW. Additional Loyalty Points should, for the foreseeable future, be given only to people who buy tickets for the least attractive fixtures that do not get close to selling out. 95% of properly loyal fans, who are able to go to away games, already have plenty of points.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
To encourage greater numbers going to support the team?

Alas, abused by the selfish.

You can do that by making it cheap - which they already do.

Basically the system is fine - they just need to offer fewer points when demand is very high (which they already do) or ticket prices are very cheap (which they have failed to do for Barnet and Bournemouth).

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
It's pretty simple.

The club created a system that encourages and rewards certain behaviours that were totally predictable. And some fans have used it as such. The club are therefore to blame.
I don't think that's debatable.

I had a ticket for last night and had two friends who i was going to share the journey with pull out last minute. So when work asked me to work late I didn't put up much of a fight as travelling to a game on my own, to sit on my own, which I had only laid out 10 pounds for didn't seem like a compelling proposition. Personally if I were the club I'd simply stop incentivising cheap cup games with loyalty points. But to penalise people for using a system of your own design would be a joke

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here's an idea, which might be so simple its stupid.

Why not have a few stewards with boxes stand outside the exits after the game, and collect up all the used ticket stubs ? Just walk past and chuck your used ticket stub in the box. The used stubs then get shipped back to BHAFC HQ, where some minions go through them and update the loyalty points accordingly.

Do-able ?

Very do able.

In the future we will register a retina scan with the club and won't need a ticket at all - just a quick scan as we go in; all linked to a cntral data base used by all clubs, with loyalty apportioned as th clubs see fit.

One question - I have not read through this entire thread but how many people on here would have bought a ticket if they had enough points, but couldn't because they had too few points, and so missed a game they would have attended, if they were in a 'queue' not streamed by prior point status (bieng in an unstreamed queue does not guarantee a ticket, remember)? My guess is there may be dozens....in other words, 'too few to constitute a minority' (to quote Canadian ethnicity classification protocols in the 1980s). It is sad for them of course, but if we can't adopt the [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] option then the alternative sledghammer solutions may not be justified by the size of the nut. Poll required?

Of course, and quite separately, it looks effing weird that people went out and actively bought something specific and more than half decided to not use what they bought. I wonder how often this happens with other clubs? Perhaps it reflects the rich southern demographic? But its not in itself a surprise or a concern to me.

So... how many would have gone to this game but could not?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Simple solution is surely to put some Albion Stewards at the away game turnstiles and then check Tickets against ID
As long as the Club tell people they will be doing this at all future games then it cuts out the Ines who sell there tickets to mates and also if they were given some sort of hand held scanners they could also verify that you attended the game

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Simple solution is surely to put some Albion Stewards at the away game turnstiles and then check Tickets against ID
As long as the Club tell people they will be doing this at all future games then it cuts out the Ines who sell there tickets to mates and also if they were given some sort of hand held scanners they could also verify that you attended the game

Why waste money and create hassle. Just don't create the problem in the first place by giving too many points for cheap games.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A system whereby points are awarded after the event according to weather conditions, transport **** ups and quality of game (turd vs terrific) would be a good idea. A panel could meet after the game to agree on the final points awarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You cannot retrospectively punish those who attended. Would be very odd to do this and additionally how would they know they have got it right? For example if five of you bought a ticket, and only four went last night how do you know you used the right ticket that was assigned to you?

And this. In my view the previous scheme was good enough. We certainly never suffered any of this shit then did we? However having changed it they now need to stick to it and not start tinkering with it. If they do that they may create further unforeseen problems. Just give it a chance to breath like a good cheese and not sack a manager after four games :)

pps) anyone else took a picture to prove they were there last night? :)

Surely if one of you misses out you know which ticket was yours? You get confirmation of it via email.

Yes we did suffer this last season, as people were worried they couldn't get to Villa away, so bought £10 tickets for Huddersfield just for the loyalty points. There was a huge thread about it here on Nsc.

pps yes, I took photos of empty seats at Dean Court last night and put them on Twitter.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I suggest everyone take a selfie in the ground in the future and email it to Paul Barber with your fan number........no dick pics though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can do that by making it cheap - which they already do.

Basically the system is fine - they just need to offer fewer points when demand is very high (which they already do) or ticket prices are very cheap (which they have failed to do for Barnet and Bournemouth).
Absolutely this.

Introduce a zero loyalty points category for games that are either sure to sell out (mostly London games plus Bournemouth) or cheap (tinpot cup matches). It's only 5 points as it is for the glamour ties anyway so not a big deal.

Maybe increase the points a bit for the least attractive games too.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hopefully Barber & Co. will read this thread.

Additional Loyalty Points should, for the foreseeable future, be given only to people who buy tickets for the least attractive fixtures that do not get close to selling out.

And actually attend those fixtures.

It doesn't have to be a sellout, for a manipulator to buy a ticket for the points and then no-show, playing the long game for the attractive away games.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
No loyalty points unless you actually attend. A genuine fan, with a genuine reason for not attending will understand and accept this. These people will probably already have loads of points anyway.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Absolutely this.

Introduce a zero loyalty points category for games that are either sure to sell out (mostly London games plus Bournemouth) or cheap (tinpot cup matches). It's only 5 points as it is for the glamour ties anyway so not a big deal.

Maybe increase the points a bit for the least attractive games too.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I agree. I bought a West Ham ticket today and not only got the ticket but also awarded 10 loyalty points - this does not make sense to me when so many people missed out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here