Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This thread embodies everything that is wrong with our fan base and a lot of what is wrong with the modern world.

Me, me, me, entitlement, entitlement, entitlement, not fair, not fair, not fair, snowflake, snowflake, snowflake.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Four groups - those that could have bought a ticket but decided not to either buy a ticket or go to the match for whatever reason. Probably the biggest group of all...........

I did subsequently post about that!

However, I doubt they are the largest group? When they went on sale the vast majority of people did not have the relevant entitlement. Don't forget we have 23,000 season ticket holders the vast majority who aren't anywhere near the top tier.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
In answer to the question, I had enough points for the cup game and I went to the game. But I doubt if I'll have enough points to see many other away games. I've watched the team every season since 1964. I don't expect that to give me automatic entitlement to any tickets - but I'd like to think that I have a better chance than the current scheme provides.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Its threads like this that make me so glad I don't go to any games,so don't have to suffer all this angst.

Snowflakes.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
And enjoyed a few bevvies in ghe Cutlers Arms [emoji481][emoji482][emoji481]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So how many games have gone to general sale then? I believe the answer is none so that would mean no change to the existing system then. Those with the loyalty advantage will still have the loyalty advantage.

Yes. But no incentive to buy tickets just for loyalty points, and no making a closed shop. That's what we're discussing isn't it?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes. But no incentive to buy tickets just for loyalty points, and no making a closed shop. That's what we're discussing isn't it?

Not really. This has happened at two games, Barnet and Bournemouth. The other two away games were sold out and well attended. Barnet is irrelevant as anyone could go so that leaves Bournemouth. Problem solved as a) we're out of the that cup and b) club won't make the same mistake in the FA Cup (surely!).

What this is really about is still the issue that those with too few points can't get to the glamour games, not a reserve team cup fixture (although I'm sure a load of fans will claim otherwise).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not really. This has happened at two games, Barnet and Bournemouth. The other two away games were sold out and well attended. Barnet is irrelevant as anyone could go so that leaves Bournemouth. Problem solved as a) we're out of the that cup and b) club won't make the same mistake in the FA Cup (surely!).

What this is really about is still the issue that those with too few points can't get to the glamour games, not a reserve team cup fixture (although I'm sure a load of fans will claim otherwise).
No.

What this is really about is devious, sneaky loyalty point harvesters selfishly buying 600+ tickets which stopped people who wanted to go being able to get to the game ( without resorting to buying from touts ).

The rest is just froth and separate issues.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No.

What this is really about is devious, sneaky loyalty point harvesters selfishly buying 600+ tickets which stopped people who wanted to go being able to get to the game ( without resorting to buying from touts ).

The rest is just froth and separate issues.

So based on that not a problem. The match has gone and the club won't offer loyalty points in a similar situation again so why are people still moaning and suggesting new schemes!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So based on that not a problem. The match has gone and the club won't offer loyalty points in a similar situation again so why are people still moaning and suggesting new schemes!!!!
Well we await confirmation of any adjustments from the club, as in this case the loyalty scheme has failed and wasn't fit for purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here