Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
No one was 'prevented from attending.' You didn't have a ticket so you couldn't go. I imagine that's disappointing but if you work at it you can get a ticket for an away game this season in my view.

Yes you can get an away ticket for any game on these online ticket agencies but why have to pay £100.00 when people are abusing the system to get more points and guaranteed away tickets at real prices

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes you can get an away ticket for any game on these online ticket agencies but why have to pay £100.00 when people are abusing the system to get more points and guaranteed away tickets at real prices

Let's see how many of the "I really, really, really wanted to go on Tuesday night" crowd are at Burnley away. Or at some other less glamorous fixture in the third round of the FA Cup watching another Brighton Reserves squad.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Go back to see how many are JCLs and take the points off them. Everyone else.....

Seriously though, tickets were bought under then prevailing terms and conditions. You can change terms and conditions at any time but not impose them retrospectively. Bottom line surely.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Tuesday night debacle was a one off and of the club's own making. They need to take it on the chin this time but they won't because Barber's ego won't allow it.

We have all learned from it and it won't happen again (probably), sadly depriving photo opportunities for the twitterati on here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some good improvements to the current system proposed here - well done all.

Overall there is no perfect system and I think the club have a bit of a nerve pandering to the moaners when they brazenly 'sell' 'loyalty points' when it suits them. Think the club need to calm down a bit an those that missed out take a reality check. You missed a game. There will be more. Work at getting tickets and sometimes you'll get lucky.

Onwards and upwards!

Most people aren't moaning at all, they are commenting on making the system as fair as possible. The club should rightly review the points policy and make it an ongoing development. There have been some very constructive suggestions and points made that could be taken forward in future.

Not sure there is any need to calm down because I think they've rightly commented on what happened, and as fans we're right to have our say. Crap forum otherwise.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009

I was not referring to this. Just try hard and you'll get tickets sometimes and other times you won't.

I agree with Bwian above that the moaners are unlikely to be at these type of fixtures.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You can change terms and conditions at any time but not impose them retrospectively. Bottom line surely.

Not only can they change the T&C with retrospective impact, they have. Multiple times. Including in relation to LP.

See post #431 of this thread for but one example.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Most people aren't moaning at all, they are commenting on making the system as fair as possible. The club should rightly review the points policy and make it an ongoing development. There have been some very constructive suggestions and points made that could be taken forward in future.

Not sure there is any need to calm down because I think they've rightly commented on what happened, and as fans we're right to have our say. Crap forum otherwise.

Fair enough. It just irks me the 'I was prevented from going brigade' and the club implying that fans who didn't go are not loyal, are cheating others and are in some way wrong when they've created the situation and it ain't that bigger deal in reality.

As I've said there are lots of good suggestions for change and I expect the club will adjust accordingly. Just hope they reign in the patronising naughty boy stuff.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
crystalpalace120817_r4_c1.jpg

erm.... c/o HTFC World

Seems like it is not just us who have loyalty away fans issues

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:thumbsup:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As I've said there are lots of good suggestions for change and I expect the club will adjust accordingly. Just hope they reign in the patronising naughty boy stuff.

I'd look in the mirror mate. By far the most patronising posts on this thread have emanated from your keyboard.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It would be nice if us non-STH exiles, who can only purchase when tickets are on general sale could have perhaps a morning of priority to purchase say during the membership sale period. An exile membership scheme I would be willing to pay for in the same way as the bronze scheme.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fair enough. It just irks me the 'I was prevented from going brigade' and the club implying that fans who didn't go are not loyal, are cheating others and are in some way wrong when they've created the situation and it ain't that bigger deal in reality.

Well, I am with you on that, as someone below the Arsenal and West Ham 2nd threshold, I could have got a West Ham ticket yesterday had I got the 10 points for a Bournemouth ticket. I didn't because I'm just not going to buy a ticket I don't intend to use, but I can understand those that would, and I'm not being judgemental on someone who has – everyone is desperate to see us play at all these top flight grounds regardless of past dutiful trips to Rotherham and such.

What I do find interesting is the surprised tone of the club news item. As soon as £10 tickets and 10 points loyalty points was announced, it was entirely and utterly predictable. We have threads started that day saying we'd sell out and there would be 600 there, and the same scenario for the Barnet game. I think it would have sufficed to have said that the club would review the points system and 'disappointed' with fans buying tickets rather than suggesting it was abuse of the system - it was abuse, but come on, you left the door wide open...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It would be nice if us non-STH exiles, who can only purchase when tickets are on general sale could have perhaps a morning of priority to purchase say during the membership sale period. An exile membership scheme I would be willing to pay for in the same way as the bronze scheme.

Why not just buy a Bronze membership if you're prepared to pay for an exile scheme? No edge to the question - just an enquiry.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There are home tickets available for pretty much every game. Why would you need any kind of priority over fans for limited away tickets for fans that likely go to 70% or so of all our games?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
And while we are at the constructive criticism stage about the loyalty points how about when the tickets go on sale at 264+ the next stage needs to be perhaps 10 or 15 points lower rather than 40 or 50 as that doesn’t make it very fair on any person on 263 points that has to get in a bun fight for a ticket with someone on 238 points. The system will never perfect but this has been suggested on quite a few occasions on here. And for the big games (this season could be a once in a lifetime for some fans) this needs to be as fair as possible. Also another suggestion as we are considered a forward thinking club, how about tickets going on sale at say 7pm at night where the majority (not everyone) can get on line and get them rather than sneak around at work trying to get a ticket?
My take on the Bournemouth situation is that cheap away cup games should be zero points – anyone who was 10 points short of an Arsenal or West ham ticket would be mad not to bag themselves a Bournemouth ticket for £10 insuring they would be able to get a ticket for the big games in the future. Not morally correct but if others were doing it then it would be silly not to add to your loyalty points total too if you don’t want to miss out on the bigger games coming up. I am sure the club will address this in the future & all will be ok again. Hasn’t be a problem for the last 30 years I’ve supported the Albion.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Totally agree. I've been to Chester, Wrexham, Blackpool, Tranmere and all other NW away matches for over 20 years but feel I have no chance of getting a ticket for any NW away game this season, Liverpool, Everton, City, United. My only hope is perhaps Huddersfield or Burnley, but who knows they may sell out to STHs or others with higher priority. Can't they have 10% of our allocation held back for general sale and for the bigger games to give everyone a chance. Seems like the exiled Brighton fan isn't as important as we used to be. Yours sincerely, President of the Scouse Seagulls.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Why not just buy a Bronze membership if you're prepared to pay for an exile scheme? No edge to the question - just an enquiry.

Simply to distinguish it from the bronze membership. Since take-up would probably be less than a bronze member, the club could set aside a limited number of seats per game for country members. There may also be other things that the club marketing could target us with separately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here