Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good point to highlight that the 600 harvesters came from the alledged 'most loyal' groups of albion fans.
If it was 600 'low loyalty' fans then perhaps the definition of loyalty would ring true.
The scheme is fundamentally flawed.

Barber in his interview today with Albion Roar said the 596 actually came equally from all groups. Other things he shared.
via : http://www.albionroar.co.uk/

- 596 no shows, 330 of those were from the top tier of the scheme, 266 of those from the mid - lower tiers.
- The premier league no show average rate for club/league games is between 5%-12%
- Over 95% turned up at Leicester and at Watford. and 98% turned up at the Bournemouth league game. It was 80% for the Barnet cup game. (in the past the Albion have had "up to 20% no shows for league games" says PB
- The Board are going to consider various changes (he cited ...checks at games, adding points my be delayed)
- A very small number of people who didn't attend both Barnet and Bournemouth cup games.
- They do have the data of who had tickets and didn't attend all this years away games at ticket holder level.
-

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club might have ****ed up but that doesn't take away from the fact that 600 of the supposedly most loyal fans didn't turn up and played the system just so they could guarantee their ticket for Old Trafford, Wembley, Emirates, etc., where's the loyalty in that?

Agreed.....but the **** up is the points allocation for a cheap game. If the game had been a zero-pointer the problem wouldn't have arisen. Simple.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Barber in his interview today with Albion Roar said the 596 actually came equally from all groups. Other things he shared.
via : http://www.albionroar.co.uk/

- 596 no shows, 330 of those were from the top tier of the scheme, 266 of those from the mid - lower tiers.
- The premier league no show average rate for club/league games is between 5%-12%
- Over 95% turned up at Leicester and at Watford. and 98% turned up at the Bournemouth league game. It was 80% for the Barnet cup game. (in the past the Albion have had "up to 20% no shows for league games" says PB
- The Board are going to consider various changes (he cited ...checks at games, adding points my be delayed)
- A very small number of people who didn't attend both Barnet and Bournemouth cup games.
- They do have the data of who had tickets and didn't attend all this years away games at ticket holder level.
-

So 55% of the no shows came from the elite most loyal fans then! Disgraceful.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We knew that.........because they are the only ones who could have bought tickets...................?

No, the top level die hard "loyal" fans were the biggest culprits, those with the most points playing the system and perpetuating their "right" to tickets while at the same time taking away the rights of those less fortunate - as I said, disgraceful.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No, the top level die hard "loyal" fans were the biggest culprits, those with the most points playing the system and perpetuating their "right" to tickets while at the same time taking away the rights of those less fortunate - as I said, disgraceful.

Spot on. That's why those responsible need to be reprimanded.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

There should be more of a deeper delve into these figures.
Unless the club are willing to release more data we won't know with total certainty but I would suggest that virtually all if the 55% are close to the cut off between release 1 and 2 on away allocation and were looking to maintain their position.
The more loyal fans if you want to call them that with 400+ tickets would have brought tickets for both games at Bournemouth and attended both games.

I would suggest that future away games coukd be released along the lines of phase 1 375+ phase 2 200+. This way while phase 2 becomes more of a scramble it does ensure that those that go to virtually all games still have the opportunity to secure tickets.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
There should be more of a deeper delve into these figures.
Unless the club are willing to release more data we won't know with total certainty but I would suggest that virtually all if the 55% are close to the cut off between release 1 and 2 on away allocation and were looking to maintain their position.
The more loyal fans if you want to call them that with 400+ tickets would have brought tickets for both games at Bournemouth and attended both games.

I would suggest that future away games coukd be released along the lines of phase 1 375+ phase 2 200+. This way while phase 2 becomes more of a scramble it does ensure that those that go to virtually all games still have the opportunity to secure tickets.

That is a massive assumption on your part and even if you are correct doesn't alter the fact that some of the most "loyal" fans felt it OK to sh1t on some of the less able fans...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Where is the proof of this? I would guess my points tally is well above the average and I did not enter into such shenanigans. I went to the League game, was unable to make the Cup match and didn't buy a ticket.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not exactly 'loyal'.

The system needs a shake up.

Bring back the Away Membership Scheme for those that bought it 'for life' and open the doors to new members ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not exactly 'loyal'.

Bring back the Away Membership Scheme for those that bought it 'for life' and open the doors to new members ?

Would that be like the promise to 1901 members to get them to join?

I actually like the current system, just think the Bournemouth points should be removed for those dates that didn't attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not exactly 'loyal'.

That got abandoned after the West Ham Cup Game cock up and quite rightly to

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Where is the proof of this? I would guess my points tally is well above the average and I did not enter into such shenanigans. I went to the League game, was unable to make the Cup match and didn't buy a ticket.

The proof was in the data as posted by Bozza, which indicated the top loyalty points owners were the biggest category of no shows.

You didn't stoop to the level of others in this category but unfortunately others did and inadvertently you all get tarred with the same brush - bit like all people who claim benefit are scroungers...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here