Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
More important things to worry about like getting in a couple of ****ing strikers if barber and co put in the same effort rather than smacking fans hands at every opportunity we’d be top of the ****ing league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I don't care if it stopped 1 or 1,000 people going to the match, if you brought a ticket for the points with no intention of going you stopped other Brighton fans attending the match.

Very bad form.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't care if it stopped 1 or 1,000 people going to the match, if you brought a ticket for the points with no intention of going you stopped other Brighton fans attending the match.

Very bad form.

And were given points for doing so, putting them (potentially) ahead of the very people they prevented from going.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
No big deal really is it? If you wanted a ticket you could have got one for this game easily so if you missed out I think it's your own fault. A lot of the people that moan about tickets don't try hard to get one. Be quick off the blocks and you'll be ok but you can't expect a ticket for every away game if you don't go to many.

It seems to me the club created the issue by offering lots of points for cheap tickets. It was clear what would happen and frankly I don't blame people for wanting more points to attend away matches.

Storm in tea cup. Let's focus on supporting the team on Saturday or moaning depending on what kind of fan you are! :clap2:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Genuine question. Again. Why is this only a problem for us? Why don't any other club in the PL have this kind of problem?

Is it just because we are new? Our system looks similar to many others.

Other clubs do have issues. Man City fans were complaining about their system for the 1st game of the PL at our place.
Seems that those at the top of the points are getting worried that more people could gain sufficient points to join their closed shop ticket club.
I went to Leicester & Watford and there were plenty of empty seats there too. So why all the fuss about this game?
BHA were not complaining when people bought Barnet tickets in the same cup but that was money in their coffers.
That game should have served as a warning to the Club.
Easy to say take points away from those who did not attend but what about those who's tickets got used last night but not by the ticket owner?
Not sure any scheme is full proof but I would not have issued points for this fixture or any where the ticket price concession exists.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No big deal really is it? If you wanted a ticket you could have got one for this game easily so if you missed out I think it's your own fault.

What? No.

By the time I found out we could go, the tickets were sold out to vacant seats. Explain to me how this is ok.

Anybody bringing home cup ties into it is also missing the point, this is about preventing fans from going. Buying a ticket for Barnet (though I still don't agree with it but do understand it) is neither here nor there as we were never going to sell it out and thus nobody could potentially miss out.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Just scrap the loyalty points scheme and problem solved. Every away game the tickets are available on first come first serve.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I did make it to the match last night and would like the club to consider awarding me and my son 25 bravery points each for venturing into Boscombe Town centre in search of food pre kick off.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Is a ridiculous suggestion only put forward by those who haven't bothered to put in the long miles supporting the club in previous years but fancy a ticket for Chelsea and Arsenal this year.

Typical I'm alright Jack response. Do not generalise all those who cannot get a ticket. I, unlike many on here do not give a shit about seeing Arsenal or Chelsea etc.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Typical I'm alright Jack response. Do not generalise all those who cannot get a ticket. I, unlike many on here do not give a shit about seeing Arsenal or Chelsea etc.

You haven't done the miles or you would not even think of suggesting that. I'm sure you'll tell me otherwise though.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
You haven't done the miles or you would not even think of suggesting that. I'm sure you'll tell me otherwise though.

I have not done the miles and am not planning on anyway days this year but maybe, just maybe I was speaking on behalf of the majority of fans that cannot get tickets. I take it you are ok for points so the system works for you.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There is a solution. Just get over it. Whatever system they put in people will find a way around it. They always have and they always will. It's annoying but there won't be too many more £10 games. It is what it is.

The only thing I can see that would mitigate it a bit would be to not announce how many points a game attracts until afterwards. Even then people will still look to circumvent it in some way...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Is this a long running problem with all clubs and their loyalty schemes?

Sounds to me like the scheme itself is the problem and you know what they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I'm the unlucky (i.e. only reliable) one in our group who buys anything up to a dozen tickets for (eligible) members per game. They don't put names on individual tickets, obviously, so I guess I'm going to have to be careful to make sure that the assigned ticket gets given to the right person in future. At the moment I just hand them out at random. I bought multiple tickets for last night, most went, a couple didn't. No idea which tickets were used though, so every chance someone who went will get deducted points for using a ticket that wasn't purchased in their name....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here