Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
My solution: Don't offer loyalty points for games with cheap tickets. The tickets were £10, what other reward do you want? If 'all' you got for your money was the right to attend the match for which you purchased the ticket, then the only people who'll buy the tickets are those who want to attend the match.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
What about the fans that gave tickets to mate's, then he went in and out of stadium 8times,scanning each tik???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All the club need to do is give out loyalty tokens which can be redeemed for points or some from of e-loyalty credit on the inside of each turnstyle.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think the biggest problem is the club appear to be the last to see what fans can spot a mile off half the time. I mean, we know Spurs is going to be shitstorm and just what are they doing with their counterparts at Wembley now? Right now? Meekly accepting just 3k tickets or lobbying that the other spare 20k empty seats should be made available? FFS, if Spurs can't beat us even with a huge away support they shouldn't be using that as the excuse. And it's a scandal it's all about money rather than fans anyway.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My solution: Don't offer loyalty points for games with cheap tickets. The tickets were £10, what other reward do you want? If 'all' you got for your money was the right to attend the match for which you purchased the ticket, then the only people who'll buy the tickets are those who want to attend the match.

Top post. We wouldn't be having this discussion surely if this had been followed.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Sounds like a positive move by the club. I havent been able to get any away tickets this except last night, and I went with my son. So frustrating as have been STH for 7 years and been to 2/3 aways a season....I understand the approach and I guess whatever the club choose it will never make everyone happy....

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

If they did this with cheap home cup games e.g Barnet. I think the attendance may have been very poor. Yes there were no shows, but still a large number there to get points.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the biggest problem is the club appear to be the last to see what fans can spot a mile off half the time. I mean, we know Spurs is going to be shitstorm and just what are they doing with their counterparts at Wembley now? Right now? Meekly accepting just 3k tickets or lobbying that the other spare 20k empty seats should be made available? FFS, if Spurs can't beat us even with a huge away support they shouldn't be using that as the excuse. And it's a scandal it's all about money rather than fans anyway.

Spuds will offer all clubs 3k tickets they don't want every home game attracting large away following

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
For people who are lucky enough to get tickets in the away allocation for eg Arsenal and Spurs, isn't it enough that you got one? Others would kill for tickets. Why should you in addition get more loyalty points, further reinforcing your privileged position in the future, for such an in-demand game? I can understand if you were one of the 3,000, you'd want that status quo to remain. But that doesn't mean it's fair or right.

Its fair and its right and in line with all other clubs it will continue, if we go down-you and all the other moaners have a chance to go to all away games ----every single one of them like I and many others have including (the expensive mid week away-in terms of cash and time off work) and then assuming we come back up you will be in pole position.
This is life -you put the effort in you get the rewards plain and simple.
Having said that I was surprised how empty it was last night -having been on Friday also .
I expect the club will release a statement about this but will be unable to take action this time due to having not released a statement prior to the event .
looking at this logically im not sure other than hand scanning at the gate what they can do, collecting tickets at the away ground is always stressful even if its our club staff manning it , you couldn't expect the home club to sort our problem out .
I think along with shirtgate scandal the club has been caught out as £10 is cheap for ten points considering the amount of whinging by jcl's and others who clearly couldn't or couldn't be bothered to go to Barnsley,Huddersfield, Rotherham etc .
On other posts I have mentioned due to work and young family commitments I couldn't get a ticket for the last game at the goldstone due to not having been that season--------I stood outside in the rain !
ps while your wringing your hands over this all of you did you actually have the money as both Bournemouth games cost me personally 3 days off work and approx. £40 in tickets, £40 in trains (travelling as a group save )otherwise its £120 for both events , £115 in hotels and probably another £120 in spending money.
Before any one says im lucky I don't have the holiday time or money for foreign holidays-just for the Albion --sad innit

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The genuine lack of understanding of particularly obvious things on occasions but the club is quite unsettling. Surely most people saw this coming?
I'm sure most, including the club, thought there'd be some of it going on but half the allocation?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone goes through 3,000 tickets manually. And you'll want that done before tomorrow morning when the tickets for Another Big Club FC away day go on sale too, presumably? Very manual and very expensive to operate.

However, I am in favour of this proposal and will happily transport tickets for non-attendees in Sussex to the away game and deposit them into a box. A fiver per ticket. Anyone?

1. What else are ticket office staff employed to do ? It might not be turned around within 24 hours, and maybe people will have to accept their points won't magically appear within a day or two of the match being played, but its still an option shirley.

2. One ticket stub per person to be deposited in the tub, no "batches" from some Herbert doing favours. Personal responsibility for every fan to ensure their ticket stub is deposited after the game. Archaic in this day and age ? Yup. But effective.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Spuds will offer all clubs 3k tickets they don't want every home game attracting large away following

My alluded to final point - about money rather than fans able to watch. Game so rich that clubs can afford to keep 25k seats empty and will do just because they can. Bloody scandal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the biggest problem is the club appear to be the last to see what fans can spot a mile off
Is the right answer, and the oddest thing about the whole episode, coming so soon after transfergate, shirtgate & backgate.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Here's an idea, which might be so simple its stupid.

Why not have a few stewards with boxes stand outside the exits after the game, and collect up all the used ticket stubs ? Just walk past and chuck your used ticket stub in the box. The used stubs then get shipped back to BHAFC HQ, where some minions go through them and update the loyalty points accordingly.

Do-able ?

yes would back this

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bin the whole "loyalty" scheme, release the tickets in one go online and let everyone just take their chance. We'd all have the same chance at a ticket and you'd either get one or not. STH get a good deal at the Amex, discounted and guaranteed seats anyway (compared to individual ticket sales) these loyalty points make it virtually impossible for non STH or exciles to attend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My alluded to final point - about money rather than fans able to watch. Game so rich that clubs can afford to keep 25k seats empty and will do just because they can. Bloody scandal.

Is it a scandal ?

A few years ago, when in the Premier League the Blackburn Commercial Manager stated very clearly putting bums on seats was his last priority

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I agree with the point made earlier that this was more or less a one off and the club should issue a warning rather than resort to a knee-jerk reaction.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
1. What else are ticket office staff employed to do ? It might not be turned around within 24 hours, and maybe people will have to accept their points won't magically appear within a day or two of the match being played, but its still an option shirley.

2. One ticket stub per person to be deposited in the tub, no "batches" from some Herbert doing favours. Personal responsibility for every fan to ensure their ticket stub is deposited after the game. Archaic in this day and age ? Yup. But effective.

How would you stop Herbert from going round again and dropping another ticket?

Hmm - perhaps you get a stamp on your hand on entry (say in white), which is then "cancelled" (blue?) when you deposit the stub?

Nope - 2 hands = 2 ticket possibilities. Need something that is visible and that you only have one of - got it - a stamp placed on the forehead should do it. If you've already had your head stamp "cancelled", you can't deposit another stub.

Simple - oh, and effective.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is the right answer, and the oddest thing about the whole episode, coming so soon after transfergate, shirtgate & backgate.

Not forgetting the eternal cateringgate!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here