Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Bin the whole "loyalty" scheme, release the tickets in one go online and let everyone just take their chance. We'd all have the same chance at a ticket and you'd either get one or not. STH get a good deal at the Amex, discounted and guaranteed seats anyway (compared to individual ticket sales) these loyalty points make it virtually impossible for non STH or exciles to attend.

Or don't give loyalty points to away games that sell out , otherwise the same old faces will always get tickets and nobody else will ever get a look in

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley the only answer is:-

FACE TATTOOS

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I say this as someone who went to both... but if they wipe everyone's points for last nights game are they going to do the same for Barnet where there were many more than last nights 600 no shows?

Just a thought, but the technology must be there at the Amex turnstiles to read the barcode on tickets.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm sure most, including the club, thought there'd be some of it going on but half the allocation?
Given the binfest over Arsenal tickets, that we played Bournemouth 2 days before and we were always likely to play a very weakened side? Yes - can't say I'm at all surprised.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Maybe I'm missing something here but is it really that big a deal? (Incidently I didn't go, didn't buy a ticket, don't a have millions of points and am hoping to do some away games.)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Fewer points for cheap tickets and it stops being a problem (without the need for any of these costly, time-consuming and inconvenient measures).

Last edited:

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Was the ticket exchange open for this? If the club is going down this path then they need to make it easier for people that legitimately can't attend to get a refund on tickets

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it a scandal ?

A few years ago, when in the Premier League the Blackburn Commercial Manager stated very clearly putting bums on seats was his last priority

Well in that case at least he's honest! It's crazy when you think C.Vigo are today being fined for having empty seats. Over here, clubs deliberately and petulantly do so to gain advantage...as if not being stinking rich and having all the best players isn't enough already! Give it a decade and it'll be condition of play that clubs like Brighton aren't allowed to beat teams like Spurs just to clear up any tiny milingering chance the biggest clubs don't win everything. It's already got more in common with WWA than FIFA would care to admit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Seem to remember at a couple of England away games 50 or 100 people were randomly selected to pick their ticket up near the away turnstile,might put a few people off purchasing in the first place if they were deliberately intending not to turn up.May have this confused with knockout stages ticket collection but im sure it happened a couple of times.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was the ticket exchange open for this? If the club is going down this path then they need to make it easier for people that legitimately can't attend to get a refund on tickets

The ticket exchange is only for home games

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe I'm missing something here but is it really that big a deal? (Incidently I didn't go, didn't buy a ticket, don't a have millions of points and am hoping to do some away games.)

Some fans would have liked to go to last nights cup game but couldn't buy a ticket, seems unfair some missed out if there were hundreds of empty seats in the away end.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think the whole basis on which loyalty points are awarded needs to be reviewed with a fair split between people who regularly attend away games and people who have had season tickets for many years also getting fair points recognition...they are different kinds of loyalty but each as important as the other.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seem to remember at a couple of England away games 50 or 100 people were randomly selected to pick their ticket up near the away turnstile,might put a few people off purchasing in the first place if they were deliberately intending not to turn up.May have this confused with knockout stages ticket collection but im sure it happened a couple of times.

Good idea this. Now actually EVERY fan must collect in the city on the day of the game.

That said easier to organise with 2-3 away games a year.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This might not sound harsh any fan who legit couldnt go last night shouldnt get the points. I am sure they will admit it to and will be the minority in these fans.

I would be very disapointed if theh removed points from those who attended. I needed the points for west ham and future games coming up and as the peopl who attended were the minority seems harsh to be punished as well but I guess I will have to put up with whatever the outcome.

I just hope the club react. Appropriatly.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Would this happen though?
A steward has got to open a gate to let someone out again.

Forgot my keys?,different steward forgot my prawn sarnies,different steward forgot my hot chocolate, it worked last night😉
ops only jesting but it could happen

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Need to be careful about an over-reaction here and using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Can't see there will be many games at all where this happens (possibly no more this season except an unattractive FA Cup away tie oop North perhaps).

Put it down to experience, and for similar future games (ie cheap, unattractive ones) don't offer any points at all?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here