Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well they were packed out in the aisles and I don't remember seeing any 'empty rows'. Bearing in mind everyone was standing then I suspect there were many people standing with their mates. Still very odd that at both games you were sat on your own in a row of seats!!!
I was practically on somebody's shoulders at both games we were crammed so tight

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I went to Leicester & Watford & Barnet.....I could see it long before last night....

we left empty seats at both of these games ,and many other games too, as we wanted to stand together , as we had to buy tickets in different points windows ,
think many others do this a lot of the time too ...

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Well seeing as we have some selfish fans I thought I would offer MY selfish solution - I demand a change to LP system - I went last night but do not want the points as for me it was a geographic home game (live 10 miles from AFCB) BUT as a "really" loyal ST holder that travels to all home games, I think distance travelled in my situation should be considered in accruing LPs.

Clearly, I am pisshing about but what really is so disappointing in regards the attendance is that the team did not get the full support that it might have had and other supporters missed out.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just because you don't catch one thief doesn't mean you don't try to catch the next one or is non enforcement of Barnet some sort of lifetime indemnity for loyalty points harvesters ?

There were many more people involved... several thousand maybe who bought 15 points for a tenner. Perhaps because the club made some money out of that one they feel a bit differently about it?

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
There were many more people involved... several thousand maybe who bought 15 points for a tenner. Perhaps because the club made some money out of that one they feel a bit differently about it?

Exactly and similar at Huddersfield.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Those people didnt stop other people attending though. I'd have gone last night if I could have got a ticket. I didn't even see many being passed on on here.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Well seeing as we have some selfish fans I thought I would offer MY selfish solution - I demand a change to LP system - I went last night but do not want the points as for me it was a geographic home game (live 10 miles from AFCB) BUT as a "really" loyal ST holder that travels to all home games, I think distance travelled in my situation should be considered in accruing LPs.

I live in Mid Devon and I will second your motion

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Those people didnt stop other people attending though. I'd have gone last night if I could have got a ticket. I didn't even see many being passed on on here.

Agreed. But it may have stopped people getting Villa tickets a couple of weeks later.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Here's an idea. Loyalty means a strong commitment to something - so loyalty points earned during a season are only added at the end.

The total will then apply for the whole of the following season, whatever league we're in.

Good idea. It would certainly stop people abusing the system just because there is a tasty upcoming fixture.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Easiest way to sort this is give everyone who bought tickets and didn't go a week to email the club and confess , then they can have all this seasons points deducted as a punishment/deterrent and if you don't email in then you are banned for the rest of the season from buying any away tickets

Or send in a doctor's note saying you couldn't attend for medical reasons.

What next, write in to Barber when you miss a home game for whatever reason? Oooo, sorry Paul, couldn't make it to The Amex yesterday, had a bit of an emergency. Sorry about that-promise I will be there next home game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Did you look on the ticket website at all? There was the buy option for several days last week and this week as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Simple solution is surely to put some Albion Stewards at the away game turnstiles and then check Tickets against ID
As long as the Club tell people they will be doing this at all future games then it cuts out the Ines who sell there tickets to mates and also if they were given some sort of hand held scanners they could also verify that you attended the game

I'm sure there were Albion stewards at the away game at Watford recently.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I think what is more worrying than the 'no shows' are those fans that reap the rewards of additional loyalty points, and to then purchase tickets with the sole intention of selling them on for exorbitantly inflated prices just to make a fast buck - profiteering at it's worse. So those of you who guilty and take advantage of less fortunate Albion fans - shame on you, and may you rot in hell.

Where the hell is the evidence of this happening? I didn't see a single Bournemouth ticket for sale @£XXX on twitter/here or anywhere yesterday?!

I think the club should employ one of those court artists who do sketches of defendants during trials for broadcast on the BBC news.

They could do a sketch of the away crowd during the game and then this could be matched back to a photo-database of ticket purchasers. Anybody who has purchased a ticket but does NOT appear in the sketch isn't awarded the relevant Loyalty Points. Simple AND effective.

LOVE it, a sort of club supporter Guess Who.

Genuine question. Again. Why is this only a problem for us? Why don't any other club in the PL have this kind of problem?

Is it just because we are new? Our system looks similar to many others.

Most others appear to turn a blind eye. Through family/mates of other bigger Prem teams who travel away the points/other away members scheme systems have been in operation for so long that the same 3,000 people get tickets then there are ticket king pins who doll them out via their own personal database at face value. The clubs don't monitor things as all they care about are having 3,000 people there per game.

I know for a FACT this happens with Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and when they were bigger/more successful Villa.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
What? No.

By the time I found out we could go, the tickets were sold out to vacant seats. Explain to me how this is ok.

Anybody bringing home cup ties into it is also missing the point, this is about preventing fans from going. Buying a ticket for Barnet (though I still don't agree with it but do understand it) is neither here nor there as we were never going to sell it out and thus nobody could potentially miss out.

So you didn't find out when you could get tickets and didn't make sure you were poised to buy them when they went on sale. Then you didn't check for returns or if anyone had a spare, so you didn't get a ticket.

Then instead of just feeling dissappointed and waiting for the next opportunity to buy an away ticket and be better prepared you decided to moan about others who bought tickets.

Try harder next time and if you don't get one never mind there will be other games.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Be a bit of a nause if you haven't missed a match for 159 years yet get delayed by an overturned bread lorry on the M1 and miss out.

Cost less DOUGH though :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Problem here is that, with away games in big demand, we are creating an elite group of travelling fans. Those who want to go and fall outside this group will never reach the required points as they can't get a ticket anyway.

How about giving more points for league matches that don't sell out (and check usage if needed)

Huddersfield Town away gets 4 x more points than Arsenal.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I don't have a season ticket as I cannot get to that many games for a variety of reasons. This basically means that if I can attend an away game it's unlikely I'll be able to get a ticket this year. There will only be the odd exception. Last night could have been one. Except for the 600 odd who bought but didn't go.

So people were prevented from attending. It's not on.

How many were prevented from going I wonder? And how many are prevented from going for every away match given that the maximum allocation is only 3000?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Easiest way to sort this is give everyone who bought tickets and didn't go a week to email the club and confess , then they can have all this seasons points deducted as a punishment/deterrent and if you don't email in then you are banned for the rest of the season from buying any away tickets

Hostages. We need hostages for this to really work smoothly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here