Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim krul

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brilliant news. Still only 29 which surprised me. But just a 1 year deal ?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Great news. May imply that he will take a more important role. On the other hand I assume it also clears space for a possible premier league loan signing in January. That may just as strategically important.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting... so just to confirm what the board said... we DEFINITELY planned to loan a goal keeper all along huh...?
Or rather we won't be buying a striker in January but instead a loan.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Couple of good saves on Tuesday.
But could he not have walked into the first team of many Championship clubs? He wont be on a huge wad surely so why us after we spend £5 million on an international keeper?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ryan has been an awful 5 million pound signing.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Surprised that Newcastle let us do that. I'd have thought they'd like to keep our loans restricted.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Krul was excellent last night. Commanded his area, held most of the shots that he reasonably could be expected to hold, came for crosses and got them. "Competition" for Ryan indeed. Based on what I've seen so far, I'd be playing him on Sunday :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I assume loan deal was to fully assess his recovery from the long injury lay off.

Krul did look good yesterday, while much of his work was routine, he made it look effortless. Also has more of presence in the area due to his build.

Nice selection headache for CH but expect Ryan to start

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Surprised that Newcastle let us do that. I'd have thought they'd like to keep our loans restricted.

I doubt Newcastle see themselves in a relegation battle tbh, therefore what we do is fairly irrelevant. They could be wrong, but I tend to agree, and I rather think they'll be safe this season, as such we're no threat. That and Chris is hugely respected up there and perhaps they have helped him out a little bit...

It's a slightly strange thing, the timing... makes me think that Krul may indeed start on Sunday...

Overall I like this news, and he reminds me of a 'good' Mark Ormerod. What's not to love?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here