Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim krul

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At the time, he was our record signing. We have bought more expensive players since, as BG said. He still remains our most expensive GK though.

Ryan WAS reported in the media as our 'record signing' with the 'undisclosed' fee being reported variously between £3.5m and €5.3m.

The club have since contradicted that though. In their transfer round up of the window, they clearly state that the club's transfer record was broken TWICE during the window (which would mean Propper and Izquierdo), thus suggesting that Ryan's fee was lower than the (undisclosed but reported between £2.6m and £3.2m) fee paid for Shane Duffy.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Ryan WAS reported in the media as our 'record signing' with the 'undisclosed' fee being reported variously between £3.5m and €5.3m.

The club have since contradicted that though. In their transfer round up of the window, they clearly state that the club's transfer record was broken TWICE during the window (which would mean Propper and Izquierdo), thus suggesting that Ryan's fee was lower than the (undisclosed but reported between £2.6m and £3.2m) fee paid for Shane Duffy.

Pretty sure Paul Barber has said a good few times in press that, as has Hughton, that we broke our record 3 times...

EDIT: Link that states three time in the second paragraph... https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/september/blooms-message-to-supporters/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brother went to the cup game and reckoned that Krul was a vast improvement and should play Sunday but again it is 1 mans opinion and not the one that matters.

After a couple of shaky moments in his first games, Ryan has put in three successive faultless performances, and tops the Premier League stats for catches. How can Krul's display be a 'vast improvement' on that? :shrug:

I also heard that Krul played very well, and I'm a fan of his - just don't see why one decent showing from him should be used as a stick to beat (an in-form) Ryan with.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
After a couple of shaky moments in his first games, Ryan has put in three successive faultless performances, and tops the Premier League stats for catches. How can Krul's display be a 'vast improvement' on that? :shrug:

I also heard that Krul played very well, and I'm a fan of his - just don't see why one decent showing from him should be used as a stick to beat (an in-form) Ryan with.

It's good news as Krul playing well will keep Ryan on his toes, tbf i thought he looked shaky for first 3 games but since then has looked ok, will be interesting to see who starts on Sunday

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That's the problem with 'undisclosed' fees, isn't it (time the FA/PL made disclosure a condition of registration and put an end to the practice, IMHO, but that's another matter). Duffy was widely reported as £4M at the time - our record up to then - and Ryan was reported as around £5M (or €6M) - so, more than Duffy, and a new record. Didn't stand as a record for long, just until we bought Propper in fact, but still obviously our record for a GK.

Allegedly...................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Ryan has improved each game but I still do not have the confidence in him that he wont make a b...s.up. Krul is an acknowledge competent keeper so CH has a selection problem, lets hope he calls it right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The one factor against Krul playing on Sunday is any weakness he has ( [MENTION=35039]The Fish[/MENTION] has hinted at weakness with crosses) Newcastle will know.
That would be countered by Krul knowing where the Magpies tend to shoot, aim etc.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Starting tomorrow apparently. Dunk and Duffy want him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
"They announce now but we knew before.." Is he saying they (NUFC) were allowing him to sign permanently earlier but for some reason we didn't want to convert or announce the loan to a permanent sooner or just lost in translation?

I would think that they wanted to sign him but were unable to complete the deal by the deadline closing so we took him on loan knowing we would complete the deal soon after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here