Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim krul

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Especially as it now means he can play for us against them on Sunday whereas he couldn't if on loan.

Exactly.

I also think it brings into question our recruitment again. There is the issue of wasting the loan that could have been used for Jansson or AN other striker after the Romanian deal fell through and the management must have some doubts about our £5 million keeper. I can't see that a keeper of Krul's age, experience and ability would sign on permanently to be a reserve.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At just over 6 foot, he's an inch taller than Iker Casillas. His height really isn't a huge issue (other than for perception).

I didn't go to the Amex friendly, but yes the goal he conceded in that was really poor. The Dunk header v Man City took him by surprise, but I'll agree it was save-able. The spill against Leicester was also disappointing.

He's then played very well in three straight PL matches, without a single mistake, and a few decent stops. Seems odd timing to be writing him off, that's all.

One imagines from The City game and Leicester other players must have been written off too :whistle:

Yoda

English & European
Weak handling,doesn't command area. Looks weak on crosses.

I'm just going to leave this here for you then:
Maty Ryan.PNG
:whistle:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm just going to leave this here for you then:
View attachment 89547
:whistle:

Shall i post up the highlights of the Man City,Leicester and Madrid goals ? The KEY stats ? You won't ever convince me that Ryan isn't a poor signing.

The sooner he is dropped or sold the better. A 5 million flop, but it happens.

Yoda

English & European
Shall i post up the highlights of the Man City,Leicester and Madrid goals ? The KEY stats ? You won't ever convince me that Ryan isn't a poor signing.

The sooner he is dropped or sold the better. A 5 million flop but it happens.

Yes, I've seen them. His first THREE games for us. Whoop-de-****ing-do

Did you also happen to see David De Gea when he first signed for Man Utd? He was shite as well (but for a few games more), with a few idiots calling for him to be dropped and shipped out. Look how that has turned out.

EVERY new 'keeper needs game time playing behind his new defence to setting in.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not really. Failed my height test straight away for a keeper. Made howlers in the Amex friendly and then the next two league games thereafter . Weak handling,doesn't command area. Looks weak on crosses. Really doesn't inspire me. If that seems stupid to you i'm not really bothered.

You are right up yourself ain't you :moo:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You are right up yourself ain't you :moo:

If it's any consolation SIMMO, I played tennis in Gildredge Park this afternoon, 6-1, 1-6, 6-4, went to the public bog for a cheeky J Carroll Naish afterwards and someone had somehow managed to curl out a man-sized chocolate log into the frickin urinal! An act of contortion I couldn't begin to imagine, let alone factoring in someone potentially walking in while the act was taking place. Weird stuff.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes, I've seen them. His first THREE games for us. Whoop-de-****ing-do

Did you also happen to see David De Gea when he first signed for Man Utd? He was shite as well (but for a few games more), with a few idiots calling for him to be dropped and shipped out. Look how that has turned out.

EVERY new 'keeper needs game time playing behind his new defence to setting in.
Maybe i should call you an idiot because you cannot see a bad keeper/player and your judgement is poor ? I won't because you entitled to your opinion. I've seen enough of Ryan to already form an opinion and know he isn't good enough.
People like you seem to think you can't judge a player on a handful of games. What about players who have just one game to impress a scout or coach/manager ? Surely that isn't fair ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If it's any consolation SIMMO, I played tennis in Gildredge Park this afternoon, 6-1, 1-6, 6-4, went to the public bog for a cheeky J Carroll Naish afterwards and someone had somehow managed to curl out a man-sized chocolate log into the frickin urinal! An act of contortion I couldn't begin to imagine, let alone factoring in someone potentially walking in while the act was taking place. Weird stuff.
:needpics:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ryan has done better since he had the extra competition. He could have just had more time to settle in or it be down to luck, but if we are determined to have 3 good keepers then I'll be positive and assume the first point has at least had some effect.

Whoever starts we have more PL keepers than strikers currently.

Yoda

English & European
Maybe i should call you an idiot because you cannot see a bad keeper/player and your judgement is poor ? I won't because you entitled to your opinion. I've seen enough of Ryan to already form an opinion and know he isn't good enough.
People like you seem to think you can't judge a player on a handful of games. What about players who have just one game to impress a scout or coach/manager ? Surely that isn't fair ?

And that therein lies your problem. You have made your judgement on his first three games in front of a band new defence. The Club on the other hand, would've been scouting and watching him play for a darn sight longer. Look at Pascal Gross, for example. The club have been watching him for at least a year and they would have been doing the same for Maty Ryan (albeit maybe half a year).

And for the record, I never called YOU and idiot. Just the United fans that were proved wrong with De Gea. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am allowed to argue against it. Just trying to point out that with such a crucial position as a goalkeeper, you cannot expect them to hit the ground running like an outfield player.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The obvious question- why not sign Krul at the start of the season, then having the extra loan for the much needed striker ?

Obviously, a slight misjudgement from the recruitment team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here