Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wakeup BOO

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was it Martika ? ???
Wow you know me so well!, but no.

I'm loving the effort, esp as I'm beginning to think I'm convincing myself I'm after a composite, loosely based around Sharleen Spiteri.
Although I'm still sure 5-8 years earlier (proper early 80's) there was a black and white video with a big but shortish haired brunette, white face, the only colour being her red lipstick.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

I'm loving the effort, esp as I'm beginning to think I'm convincing myself I'm after a composite, loosely based around Sharleen Spiteri.
Although I'm still sure 5-8 years earlier (proper early 80's) there was a black and white video with a big but shortish haired brunette, white face, the only colour being her red lipstick.

Robert Palmer - simply Irresistible ??

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I remember talking to sice in a club in liverpool, tried to convince him that I should join the band as a keyboard player( I am sh#te at keyboard - but convincing when drunk), then they go all keyboardy and make it big. I am sure I am owed a percentage.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Surely not - nothing compares.

To you.

1990! Oh well, that rules that out.

Prince wrote it btw... that I also did not know.

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Proper early 80s? So not this then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Proper early 80s? So not this then.
Nope, I had a huge (not vivid enough) memory rush at the mention of Matt Bianco, so I'm guessing it was around then.
Oh and it wasn't Nina either

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Help me out chaps, I've a mental block over an 80's video.

That Mat Bianco vid has stirred up young teenage memories :wink: of a similar video.

The video in question was mainly a stunningly beautiful short haired brunette staring straight into camera.
I thought it was Texas, I don't want a lover, but that's not it, although be honest!!

Any takers as to what it might be?

https://youtu.be/0-EF60neguk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tosky-ZNbRw

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think my memory of the early pubescent days have got confused, (what are the chances of that?) and mixed up with Texas et al at the end of the decade, when family deaths & alcohol reigned supreme.

I keep trying to back out of this rabbit hole as the longer it's gone on the wronger I think I am.
But gawd bless you NSC everyone loves a trier, all the Sister's are great shouts, a special mention for Martika :bowdown: means I don't quite want it to end.

Esp when moving to the end of the decade up pops professional northerner Lisa Stansfield.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think my memory of the early pubescent days have got confused, (what are the chances of that?) and mixed up with Texas et al at the end of the decade, when family deaths & alcohol reigned supreme.

I keep trying to back out of this rabbit hole as the longer it's gone on the wronger I think I am.
But gawd bless you NSC everyone loves a trier, all the Sister's are great shouts, a special mention for Martika :bowdown: means I don't quite want it to end.

Esp when moving to the end of the decade up pops professional northerner Lisa Stansfield.

oh well, I enjoyed it

https://youtu.be/M29va0s3fkY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here