[Misc] iOS 11

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The best just got even better.

Incredible update.*

(* - It's currently installing, so I've not had a chance to use it yet, but I'm sure it will prove to be incredible.)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'll probably just wait for 11.0.1, just in case there's any issues. Should be out in a week or two? Do have the new Xcode though, how exciting!

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll probably just wait for 11.0.1, just in case there's any issues. Should be out in a week or two? Do have the new Xcode though, how exciting!

I'm waiting for 11.0.2

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What happens if you do?

The great thing about Apple is that if the latest iOS is doesn't play well with your older device, you can simply uninstall it and go back to the older iOS. Right?

They don't work.

To see apps that will not run in iOS 11 go to “Settings > General > About > Applications”. If there are any apps in that list that you need to use then don't update. Probably won't be many.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Had it on my iPad for about 2 months now (part of apple beta test programme); works really well. Some great new features for the iPad Pro

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ad blocking is a good idea.

I thought there would be new emojis. Also is the animoji thingy only available on iPhone X ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What happens if you do?

The great thing about Apple is that if the latest iOS is doesn't play well with your older device, you can simply uninstall it and go back to the older iOS. Right?

I have a mini iPad that is still running on iOS 9, because the newer iOS doesn't get sent to update old devices.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a mini iPad that is still running on iOS 9, because the newer iOS doesn't get sent to update old devices.
I had the iPhone 4s and it became really slow when iOS 8 was released. When I looked it up online, it was widely accepted that you shouldn't update past iOS 7, and if you did - well tough, you've just ruined your phone. In one of the later versions of iOS 9 it improved a bit, but still wasn't as good as it used to be. Not being able to go back to a version that worked better is ridiculous.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
So far had to close and reopen the App Store about 15 times before it would fully load, its deleted all my music from my iPad while my iPod touch tries to do something (not sure what) every time I open it before saying there was a fault, then press cancel before I can use it.

Unimpressed.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It looks quite pretty. Not sure what new features it might have as I rarely use my iPad and iPhone for anything other than surfing and e mail so don’t know what features it already has! And I’m someone who was involved in the launch of the worlds first digital mobile phone network. Funnily enough they showed us all this stuff back then as the technology of the future and we thought it was just marketing b*llox

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
WiFi turns itself back on whenever it likes which I find annoying. New dashboard/layout looks crap with the little bunched bar at the bottom on an iPad. Seems a bit shit to me. I’m sure it won’t stop some people claiming that Apple have reinvented the wheel though.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Haven't updated yet. Someone at work mentioned something about reports of apps disappearing when you upgrade. Is that one of those 'purple monkey dishwasher' things that started as 'some apps won't work because they are removing the 32-bit support' and evolved into 'iOS 11 deletes random apps!'?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
IM an apple fan boy, this latest release has absolutely ****ed my iPhone. Roll on 11.1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here