Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How lovely

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It doesn't mention toasters and so for that reason....... I'm out.

To be honest though I have been to a few weddings of late and having normally given £100 as a gift and spent the same behind the bar (yes I drink a lot ) it would be pretty much the same. On the other hand I think that people spend far to much on weddings ....... Far better getting on the property ladder as early as possible.......so yes bin them.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
At first I thought 'tight', then the more I thought about it, I thought, why not?

Weddings are ridiculously expensive for young people and many of the guests would be forking out costs to stay in hotels, so why not put them all under one roof.

It could be a fun experience for them. Good luck to them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At first I thought 'tight', then the more I thought about it, I thought, why not?

Weddings are ridiculously expensive for young people and many of the guests would be forking out costs to stay in hotels, so why not put them all under one roof.

It could be a fun experience for them. Good luck to them.

This. Good luck to them. Any invited guests not on board with it, could easily just decline the invite for whatever reason.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looks good to me. They're not fleecing their friends, they're spending a good chunk of their own money on drink for everyone etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I'd be uncomfortable with it. Pricing out your friends and family because they can't afford it seems a bit off if you ask me.

Why not just wait and get married when you can afford it? If housing takes a priority, just don't get married until after you've done that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well I'd be uncomfortable with it. Pricing out your friends and family because they can't afford it seems a bit off if you ask me.

Why not just wait and get married when you can afford it? If housing takes a priority, just don't get married until after you've done that.
This.

I wouldn't dream of charging family and Friends. I would be to embarrassed. Scale down the wedding or wait until you can afford it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can understand that too, although a lot of people are priced out of weddings due to location, the need for hotel etc.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Actually a fair price but morons like this and people in general spend far too much money on getting married. More money than sense. I would not marry a bird that insisted on spending tens of thousands on a wedding, even if I wasn't the one paying. Priorities all wrong.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What a great idea!Hope lots of youngsters see this-definitely worth a try.Clever couple.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you can find a living woman that will marry you, I suggest you accept whatever they ask for.

think you are being a bit unfair to women - not everyone wants to spend shed loads on a wedding.

Personally not sure the purpose of weddings are today and see too many where they break up so quickly and too much focus on a 'party' rather than what they are supposed to do i.e. publicly confirm a bond between too people . Simple ceremony witnessed by friends & family should be enough to resolve any morality/legality issues that might exist. Throw in some drinks and food but don't go mad.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Actually a fair price but morons like this and people in general spend far too much money on getting married. More money than sense. I would not marry a bird that insisted on spending tens of thousands on a wedding, even if I wasn't the one paying. Priorities all wrong.

It's easier said than done though.

I am TIGHT. So so tight.

Both of us are close to our large families. We had something like 50 people attending of just family plus wedding party. All people we would want to be with us at the actual ceremony. Add to that your close friends and the numbers are big even with some harsh drawing of lines of who is day/evening.

Just feeding that many people and having a venue suddenly makes the price rocket.

We went for a cheap photographer, A venue DJ, made much of our own decorations, a reduced cost dress, Invites and wedding stationary for free (a favour) and the final cost was still mental.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here