What would you do

• Kept the money, chuck wallet

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • Hand it in

Votes: 132 79.0%

• Total voters

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My dad worked for HMC&E at Gatwick and Heathrow in the 70s and 80s and they weren't nicknamed Gatnick and Thiefrow at the time for nothing. If your baggage came through the carousel at all you were lucky to find the contents all inside.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Take 50 quid and hand it in.

Have the money, give the cards back

Ignoring the ethics of that course of action, you'd be pretty stupid to do that. You'd be on CCTV lifting the cash, and then have your name taken when you handed the wallet in. If you were going to nick the money, you'd want to lob the wallet in a bin.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ignoring the ethics of that course of action, you'd be pretty stupid to do that. You'd be on CCTV lifting the cash, and then have your name taken when you handed the wallet in. If you were going to nick the money, you'd want to lob the wallet in a bin.

My sleight of hand is second to none.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Take the money, dump the cards.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Nope, looked in to see if the owners details were in but as I don't read Arabic that was a non starter, police counted it when I handed it in.

Are you allowed to claim the money if they do not find the owner or no one comes forward after 28 days?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh and if anyone dropped a fair sized packet of skunk in Lewes train around 10:15pm on Saturday evening just gone, do PM me and I'll arrange for its safe return.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
On a public forum most people will say they would hand it in. But in reality if presented with that amount of cash i think more would be tempted

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Outside Gatwick North Terminal arrivals yesterday.

Inside was £850 in Sterling and 4000 of Saudi money, various cards with Arabic words.

What would you have done.
I've also found a wallet before at Gatwick in a car park but no way near that amount of cash.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Obviously morally hand the whole lot in, otherwise you're a thief but more to the point, as others have noted, you're on CCTV. Having worked at Gatwick I was present when someone picked up someone else's money they had just dropped off the floor by where I worked and kept it. Once it came to light an hour or so later the police boarded the perpetrator's plane, offloaded and arrested them. Missed holiday, criminal record all for not doing the right thing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Frankly I'd keep it, if it was a British persons with less money in it then I'd hand it in but if it's some rich oil baron, shucks to them

Could have been a Brit working in Saudi and you could be taking his wages :)

Are you allowed to claim the money if they do not find the owner or no one comes forward after 28 days?

That's what the plod said yes.

Am hoping the owner claims it though, turns out to be an oil baron and rewards my honesty by giving me 100 camels or something.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's what the plod said yes.

Am hoping the owner claims it though, turns out to be an oil baron and rewards my honesty by giving me 100 camels or something.

Fingers crossed for you. I hope your honesty is rewarded. Maybe they will just be SO filthy rich, that they'll just shrug, and not even BOTHER trying to recover it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here