• Hand it in

Votes: 132 79.0%

• Total voters

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oh and if anyone dropped a fair sized packet of skunk in Lewes train around 10:15pm on Saturday evening just gone, do PM me and I'll arrange for its safe return.

I found some cocaine in a small bag about a fortnight ago near the Star pub in Haywards Heath on a Sunday morning. Only about a quarter of a gram so I took it home to see if it was real. Sniffed a fingernail's worth. It was pretty strong. I can hardly hand it into the police can I? Who would claim it? Having a coke problem myself in the past the bag's just gathering dust. I could just chuck it down the toilet.

Anyone want it for a tenner?

(joking about selling it). :)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I found some cocaine in a small bag about a fortnight ago near the Star pub in Haywards Heath on a Sunday morning. Only about a quarter of a gram so I took it home to see if it was real. Sniffed a fingernail's worth. It was pretty strong. I can hardly hand it into the police can I? Who would claim it? Having a coke problem myself in the past the bag's just gathering dust. I could just chuck it down the toilet.

flush it down the bog asap

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You should have included your address or phone number
The Post Office recorded delivery label had my address on it.

I've got two daughters and would hope someone would be honest enough to return their purse if they lost it, and I know for sure that they'd have said thank you. Still there you go, we're all different.

Would I do the same again, yeah probably, but I'd take out the postage cost (it was about £6) next time.

:)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Why take 50 quid ?

I do not get that, if your getting guilt trips about taking it all and only take a "finders fee" your still taking, you don't get a pat on the back by the fairies for that you know, so it is clearly all or nothing.

Everyone uses the words "find, keep, accept, etc." It's stealing, theft. It's not your money and should be left in it's place or returned to it's owner.
Soon you'll be "finding, keeping, accepting" money in other people's homes.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Finding something and keeping it, different than stealing something out of someone's pocket. ???

In the eyes of the law today it's dealt with just like any other theft offence, as 'Theft by Finding' and will land you either in court or with a caution if you're deemed guilty.

I've got two daughters and would hope someone would be honest enough to return their purse if they lost it, and I know for sure that they'd have said thank you. Still there you go, we're all different.
O
Would I do the same again, yeah probably, but I'd take out the postage cost (it was about £6) next time.

Yeah fair comment, to be honest I've gone a bit cynical in going the extra mile, I would have just posted it back anonymous and taken some of the money to cover the post

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Not that she was obligated to reply, but it does dent your faith in human nature somewhat. Years ago in New York me and some American bloke I'd met outside a Who gig found out where the after gig party was, and me having a camera took pictures of him with the band, we exchanged addresses so I could send him the photos, I flew back to Blighty, got them developed, packaged them and air mailed them to him and never heard anything back.

(CM Disclaimer: this is NOT a 'look at me' opportunity I'm exploiting here, honest)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not that she was obligated to reply, but it does dent your faith in human nature somewhat. Years ago in New York me and some American bloke I'd met outside a Who gig found out where the after gig party was, and me having a camera took pictures of him with the band, we exchanged addresses so I could send him the photos, I flew back to Blighty, got them developed, packaged them and air mailed them to him and never heard anything back.

(CM Disclaimer: this is NOT a 'look at me' opportunity I'm exploiting here, honest)
Yeah, it's just surprising what other folk just take for granted, and you do sometimes wonder why you bother. Thing is if everyone was selfish it'd be a horrible world to live In wouldn't it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Someone found my mate's mobile in a theater. The finder used my mate's Uber account to return his mobile to his address (which was in the mobile). At first my mate was very grateful and gave the person £10 for returning the mobile. Then my mate later found out that the finder had spent £50 on his Uber account and was upset. The person never told my mate that he had used his Uber account. He told me he would have never paid £60 total (£10 finder's fee plus £50 on Uber account) for getting his mobile returned. You can not assume that someone would pay a given amount for the return of the item found.

I'm very particular about the way my money is spent. I don't want anyone deciding for me how my money is used. Especially salesmen who make big assumptions about how my money should be spent.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Walking home from work once a couple of years ago and bumped in to a mate who was very drunk and very happy.

He ushered me back from the way I had came and when asked what was going on he told me he'd been down the pub (not naming which one for obvious reasons) and had discovered a small plastic bag containing numerous baggies full of what he assumed was cocaine underneath a table. Popped in to an alleyway whilst he tried some of it. He was right, it was cocaine and there was 9 baggies in total, all of which looked like a gram.

He gave me one for free and went on his way. It was absolute rocket fuel, too. No idea what he did with the rest of it, although I can hazard a guess.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If I was living on the streets, I would definitely have kept it. Anyone keeping that sort of money in their wallet Is probably loaded anyway.

It might have helped to stop a terrorist attack as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here