• Hand it in

Votes: 132 79.0%

• Total voters

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What's your threshold?

£500 fair game to steal?

What if it was only £200 but it was a REALLY expensive looking wallet?

£80 but they had Amex and Coutts and Co black cards?

Difficult, if they're obviously foreign I'd say finders keepers, if they're English I'd probably Google their address, see where they live and make my assessment based off of that. :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
reported it as a suspect package and ensured the Airport was locked down for several hours as the bomb squad moved in to ensure no nasty surprises contained within the wallet

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Are you never off? We know where you stand on this, do you not watch the news, read the papers etc. There's a lot of bad people out there, if keeping a lost wallet is the worst someone on NSC does we haven't done too badly on the scheme of things

There are indeed a lot of bad people out there....Someone willing to steal £1600 is hardly a petty criminal . As most have said £1600 is quite a lot of money,at least to me it is.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would not hand it in as such (even though I voted for that) as I would not trust anyone at Gatwick.

I would hope there would be some identification within said wallet and I would do everything to get it back to them.

Yup! I would only ever hand over found valuables to a police officer (and even then.........!)

Many, many years ago I found a purse. No significant cash; just a bit of loose change, some photos and odd bits of paper. Took it to Worthing police station who took my name and address. Thought nothing of it. A week or two later received a letter from the owner enclosing a fiver; far more than was in the purse. The photos in the purse were of great sentimental value to the owner.

How times have changed! My last visit to Worthing police station was to report the "gold scam" going on in the town centre, targeting seniors of course, not two minutes walk from the police station. Could I get a copper to budge from behind the desk to come with me so I could identify the miscreants and have them arrested? Could I ****! So now I just don't bother. Sad state of affairs.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There are indeed a lot of bad people out there....Someone willing to steal £1600 is hardly a petty criminal . As most have said £1600 is quite a lot of money,at least to me it is.

It's not stealing though is it, it's keeping something you've found by chance, discarded in a public place. I'm not suggesting I'd go around mugging Saudis for their wallets. Not hard to see the difference :facepalm:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
reported it as a suspect package and ensured the Airport was locked down for several hours as the bomb squad moved in to ensure no nasty surprises contained within the wallet

Is nearly the right answer.I'd phone the Anti-terrorist hot line first,as airport police are often very busy,then hand it in.That much cash in a wallet nowadays sounds very iffy to me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yup! I would only ever hand over found valuables to a police officer (and even then.........!)

Many, many years ago I found a purse. No significant cash; just a bit of loose change, some photos and odd bits of paper. Took it to Worthing police station who took my name and address. Thought nothing of it. A week or two later received a letter from the owner enclosing a fiver; far more than was in the purse. The photos in the purse were of great sentimental value to the owner.

How times have changed! My last visit to Worthing police station was to report the "gold scam" going on in the town centre, targeting seniors of course, not two minutes walk from the police station. Could I get a copper to budge from behind the desk to come with me so I could identify the miscreants and have them arrested? Could I ****! So now I just don't bother. Sad state of affairs.

A few months ago I was walking the dog near my house when I found a mobile phone in the road. It was starting to rain and it was not a waterproof model.

I took it home and the owner rang me.... we arranged to meet about 10 minutes later. She was very thankful, as it was her business mobile and had all of her contacts etc on it.

A few days later she dropped a bottle of red wine and a card round. Nice gesture, and it reinforced the reason to do the right thing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I always find these kind of polls interesting, being in the airport seems to have swayed the vote. If you found the same amount whilst walking the dog late at night would the outcome be the same I wonder? Plus know one wants to look bad on a public forum. Also for the morally correct would your same rule apply to a tenner found on the pavement?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Hand it in. the police will know what to do with it :
Police-booze-main.jpg

Yup! I would only ever hand over found valuables to a police officer (and even then.........

That's what I did actually, having just got off my first ever long haul flight and not slept for 30 hours was desperate to get home, tried to give it to a fella at the cab place outside the terminal who flatly refused just as my cab showed up.

Ended up taking it with me and gave it to Burgess Hill plod later.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
This is clearly a test, find identifying information and track down the owner. In their immense grattitude they will bestow upon you their frequent flyer card with 5 million air miles.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is clearly a test, find identifying information and track down the owner. In their immense grattitude they will bestow upon you their frequent flyer card with 5 million air miles.

Yes. Therefore I refer you to my original post. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here