Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth Cup game - did you go, or did you "go"?

Did you go to Bournemouth for the Carabo Cup, "go" or not bother

• I bought a ticket from the club and went

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • I bought a ticket but couldn't go - "something came up"

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I didn't buy a ticket from the club but bought one from someone who had "something come up"

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I didn't buy a ticket and I didn't go

Votes: 129 68.3%

• Total voters

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
It was genuinely amusing.

Was it a whole team of Albion fans? Anyone on here (or their kids) take part?

Just random from the crowd - my son and I swerved this nicely as one of the AFCB crew came towards us but then thankfully picked a smaller lad from the crowd near us!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I went. As you can see here.

Slightly blurred photo I blame on my Omsung.

IMG_20170919_191216328_HDR.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I went - *proof* - the half time relay with the kids and the 2 dads trying to score, kids were great, dads comical shooting.

That was second only to Skalak tripping over his own feet as a match highlight for me :clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't book a ticket originally as I was supposed to be working. By the time I knew I was free, all tickets were sold. I made the decision to go yesterday afternoon, and sourced a ticket quite easily off somebody who'd bought one and, er, wasn't going, for whatever reason.

I think going to watch THAT, and receiving no loyalty points whatsoever for it, makes me a SUPER fan, surely :wink:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I didn't book a ticket originally as I was supposed to be working. By the time I knew I was free, all tickets were sold. I made the decision to go yesterday afternoon, and sourced a ticket quite easily off somebody who'd bought one and, er, wasn't going, for whatever reason.

I think going to watch THAT, and receiving no loyalty points whatsoever for it, makes me a SUPER fan, surely :wink:

Reselling tickets is ILLEGAL so I hope you're going to report them to the POLICE

#SCREAMFORACOPPER

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I know someone who got a ticket and didn't go just to try and catch up on points to the rest of the gang (and he's an accountant)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I reckon the bloke that searched me could tell my religion and describe my tatts ! #rubbergloves

They were pretty thorough. The guy who searched me needs to sort his breath out though getting up that close.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
That could be any ground. And If it was Bournemouth yesterday, which to be fair I suspect it was, you could have flown in without a ticket :nono:

I paid my way in. I would never take advantage of my flying ability to deprive a club of its income.

Did you get some food on the way home? That chicken meal I had in Boscombe had its revenge today.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
That's right at the back of one of the Vitality's 12 row Kops.

Everyone gets a close up view of the game at Bournemouth's cathedral of football.

Well spotted. Row R at the back (and about 3 times closer to the pitch than my Amex seat).

Your reward for identifying the correct location is 10 loyalty points. Use them wisely.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Surely I can’t be the only one thinking this, but, if all the people that purchased tickets and didn’t go really are such disloyal “insert generic insult” how did they buy tickets in the first place? Surely given that the threshold for points is as high as it is the people that bought them must have attended their fair share of games in order to buy in the first place. Also, if every outraged fan that “would have gone but couldn’t get a ticket” had indeed attended we would have had about 5000 fans there.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I paid my way in. I would never take advantage of my flying ability to deprive a club of its income.

Did you get some food on the way home? That chicken meal I had in Boscombe had its revenge today.

Decided that after the nail-biting excitement of the match and perhaps even more so the half time shoot out that the best thing to do was to get home as quickly as possible (within legal speed limits) and then to sleep. I am not a nocturnal animal like you :)

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Very few of the snide chancers will own up.

Those that do will have perfectly plausible excuses for having to regrettably miss the game.

Snide chancer here. I bought them in good faith but something came up ( I'm in Croatia) so I gave them (not sold them) to a season ticket holder and his season ticket holding mate who had been unable to get any. I didn't even think about the points as I've got loads. Better shoot me quick before the club hang me. What a load of crap. P

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I went. As you can see here.

Slightly blurred photo I blame on my Omsung.

View attachment 89549

I'm in that photo, row B, navy jacket, right by the bloke walking past with a diagonal stripe on his top.
The red hoarding says 'Welcome to our visiting supporters' with club emblems, but hasn't been updated for this season. Sunderland Hull and Boro are still there, but not us, Newcastle or Huddersfield.
I am pleased to report the Palace logo got covered with Brighton stickers.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Snide chancer here. I bought them in good faith but something came up ( I'm in Croatia) so I gave them (not sold them) to a season ticket holder and his season ticket holding mate who had been unable to get any. I didn't even think about the points as I've got loads. Better shoot me quick before the club hang me. What a load of crap. P

Where ? I'm in ciovo near Trogir

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here