Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth Cup game - did you go, or did you "go"?

Did you go to Bournemouth for the Carabo Cup, "go" or not bother

• I bought a ticket from the club and went

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • I bought a ticket but couldn't go - "something came up"

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I didn't buy a ticket from the club but bought one from someone who had "something come up"

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I didn't buy a ticket and I didn't go

Votes: 129 68.3%

• Total voters

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
How would that work? I can't think of any approach that wouldn't negatively impact those who bought a ticket AND did bother to attend.

If the club decide there has been widespread abuse like 600 empty seats, they could award zero points. Fans buying and attending would see the match they paid for and possibly get some points. Those taking a punt run the risk of losing their money.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Indeed. At least we can all confirm each other's attendance if our tickets didn't scan properly. I reckon the chap that frisked me would remember my jacket, too!

I reckon the bloke that searched me could tell my religion and describe my tatts ! #rubbergloves

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How would that work? I can't think of any approach that wouldn't negatively impact those who bought a ticket AND did bother to attend.

You would still get your points, you just wouldn't know what they are going to be before you bought a ticket. No negative impact, a ticket would be bought for said game £10 / points TBC. You could have a news item the next morning, 'those who had tickets for Bournemouth last night will be award 10 loyalty points'. Thank you for your loyalty.

Same outcome for all the supporters who went, only I bet this would drastically reduce the number of people taking a punt on buying a ticket when they don't know the points on offer beforehand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You would still get your points, you just wouldn't know what they are going to be before you bought a ticket. No negative impact, a ticket would be bought for said game £10 / points TBC. You could have a news item the next morning, 'those who had tickets for Bournemouth last night will be award 10 loyalty points'. Thank you for your loyalty.

Same outcome for all the supporters who went, only I bet this would drastically reduce the number of people taking a punt on buying a ticket when they don't know the points on offer beforehand.

I'm not convinced. I don't think it would take more than one of these "Points TBA" fixtures, followed by points being issued for people to then buy at the next one in anticipation of subsequent points.

Then, if the club issued a token point or two, those who did go would feel somewhat aggrieved that they'd been 'penalised' because lots of others didn't bother to attend.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Absolute ***** of the highest order. Whether the game was shite or not is immaterial, I would like to have gone.

Should be an option of 'Wanted a ticket but couldn't get one as sold out'. Had the points, was waiting on a late decision and all gone by then.

If I had gone and that's what I saw(empty seats), I would be quite prepared for my points to be nullified along with everyone else's just to spite the *****.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not convinced. I don't think it would take more than one of these "Points TBA" fixtures, followed by points being issued for people to then buy at the next one in anticipation of subsequent points.

Then, if the club issued a token point or two, those who did go would feel somewhat aggrieved that they'd been 'penalised' because lots of others didn't bother to attend.

Watford 12pts, Arsenal 5pts, West Ham 10pts...you knows how the hell they are working out these point allocations! :shrug:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Make life simple, don't have any loyalty points, that first removes any of the "I'm more loyal than you" threads, then just like the concert tickets at 9am they go on sale and its a free for all.

Some super loyal fan who HAS supported the club since 1968 (me) now run a business that means I work Saturdays, so had to give up my season tickets at the Amex, (had one at Withdean, Gillingham and the Goldstone).

This is the only fair way of giving out tickets for the away games, and then people who want to go, who don't have enough points could possibly go.

We all love the club, some are able to attend more games that others because of circumstance, that does not make you more loyal.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I went - *proof* - the half time relay with the kids and the 2 dads trying to score, kids were great, dads comical shooting.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I went - *proof* - the half time relay with the kids and the 2 dads trying to score, kids were great, dads comical shooting.

It was genuinely amusing.

Was it a whole team of Albion fans? Anyone on here (or their kids) take part?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Digital tickets.

We need to be able to identify who attended and who did not.

If you didn't attend - no matter what the reason - you forgo your points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smith's dreads

Dec 17, 2003
Didn't have enough loyalty points to buy a ticket but got them from someone who did - and a bit annoyed that this resulted in them picking up more points.
Being charitable, I'd guess there were some who bought tickets thinking they might be able to go though weren't sure, but thought they might as well to pick up the points - some of whom then sold them on when they found they couldn't go.
But it seems clear there were others who bought tickets with no intention of going and didn't make any effort to pass them on to those who did want to go.
It's annoying that these people, who are willing to screw over fellow supporters and the team (who did not have the full support behind them that they could have done) are considered to be more "loyal" than me.
And I bet they didn't go to Kidderminster and sing "cheer up Jan Molby".

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Make life simple, don't have any loyalty points, that first removes any of the "I'm more loyal than you" threads, then just like the concert tickets at 9am they go on sale and its a free for all.

Some super loyal fan who HAS supported the club since 1968 (me) now run a business that means I work Saturdays, so had to give up my season tickets at the Amex, (had one at Withdean, Gillingham and the Goldstone).

This is the only fair way of giving out tickets for the away games, and then people who want to go, who don't have enough points could possibly go.

We all love the club, some are able to attend more games that others because of circumstance, that does not make you more loyal.

What about those (like me) that are usually busy at 9am and buy my tickets (based on my high points) later that evening in the first wave?

So by your logic I don't get to go to games anymore despite my 'circumstance' (yea right) having allowed me to visit less than desirable places all around the country to support the club for over 20 years.

Third party ticketing websites would also have a blast. So it's be there at 9am and get lucky, or pay over the odds through dodgy websites. Forward thinking. :clap:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
They should do what we had to do in the England travel club back in the day, because some of the tickets only costed about 10 Zloty you used to have to sign in on the morning of the match (usually in a hotel conference room or somewhere like that)

That'll work

Went to the Malta game last month and had to go to a Hotel and show my England supporters club card and then I was allowed to pick up my ticket
Wouldn't happen here though as it would be too much of a pain to the Club

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
What about those (like me) that are usually busy at 9am and buy my tickets (based on my high points) later that evening in the first wave?

So by your logic I don't get to go to games anymore despite my 'circumstance' (yea right) having allowed me to visit less than desirable places all around the country to support the club for over 20 years.

Third party ticketing websites would also have a blast. So it's be there at 9am and get lucky, or pay over the odds through dodgy websites. Forward thinking. :clap:

WOW such anger.

I understand what you are saying well then maybe a time that is in the evening of a weekend, and if you have enough notice, you can maybe ask someone to do it for you is case you are to busy to get on.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
"I went - *proof* - the half time relay with the kids and the 2 dads trying to score, kids were great, dads comical shooting"

At least we Won that game! - Proof I went too!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So all those that have supported the club home and away the last few years get no reward for that just because some JCLs want to jump on the glory bandwagon. I take it you would take time off for a glamour away game if you could get a ticket!!!

The crux of the matter is that people have made choices over the last few years and the result of those choices is coming home to roost. Those that have been going away regularly are getting our reward. Those that chose not to go can't now expect special favours. There is a finite number of tickets available and the loyalty scheme is probably about the fairest way of doing it. That said, maybe the club scored an own goal by allocating too many loyalty points for last night but it is a learning curve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here