Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another warning from Paul Barber

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm totally with him on that. I suppose another warning is that the club would be in a position to guarantee the quality and safety of goods, whereas counterfeiters can't.

Nothing worse than an unsafe shirt :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What are you currently weighing in at? And how tall are you? I'd like to build more of an image in my mind.

20 st 1lb as I went down to 19st 10 but put on 7lb on holiday. Next weigh in 30th September so should be under 20st by then I am 6ft1in tall. I am following the online my fitness pal program which is based on calories consumed.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
20 st 1lb as I went down to 19st 10 but put on 7lb on holiday. Next weigh in 30th September so should be under 20st by then I am 6ft1in tall. I am following the online my fitness pal program which is based on calories consumed.

Some posters may now be less inclined to mess with BG now (waits for lots of friendly BG posts)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you lost a lot of weight, your chest measurement would drop, simple.

Very fractionally as that is not where the weight is as 20 years ago my chest was the same but my weight was only 18st, which is my aim now. I have got fatter and put on weight since retiring. I cannot remember the last time my polo shirts were smaller than 4xl even when running a pub.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Barber 100% spot on with this. Buying counterfeit is same as handling stolen goods and people who argue otherwise are the same idiots who condone shoplifting because eg supermarkets can 'afford' given the profits they make.

Theft is theft, you're not entitled to have something just because you want it!*

*3pts and new striker excluded

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Well I bought a 'Championship Ready' scarf from the chap at the station, and after the club shop had said that they won't have any in until the end of the January transfer window.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
That's not how it works. Nike sponsor the albion, pay the albion a huge fee, and take the vast majority of money from shirt sales. So it's nike's markup.

Surely the albion are making what a standard retailer makes on a shirt though (about £15 a shirt?) If not why bother opening the club shop. Deal is done we have our money. Nike's problem if they want to sell shirts?

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
I would have gladly purchased one from the team store, and even get a discount through work at the team site, but after seeing they were out and couldn't commit to getting any more in stock timely I went ahead and ordered a fake. Should arrive this week or early next.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not read the whole thread but I'm genuinely interested in how Barber would tackle this if he ran Man U or Liverpool for example where all routes to the ground are lined with stalls selling t shirts, scarves, badges etc. None of which have been licensed by the club.

If we stay in the PL and and gain greater recognition, there is no way he'll be able to stop this type of thing. Given his time at Tottenham I should be surprised by this - but there's just something about the way Barber words things that I find irritating. He always seems to make it sound like we as fans are the guilty party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here