Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another warning from Paul Barber

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...-fans-warned-against-counterfeit-merchandise/

ALBION FANS WARNED AGAINST COUNTERFEIT MERCHANDISE

Brighton & Hove Albion are reminding fans that the only place to securely purchase genuine club merchandise is at the club superstore or online via seagullsdirect.co.uk.

Club chief executive Paul Barber commented, "The sale of counterfeit club merchandise is not only unlawful, but it takes the potential sales revenue away from the club.

“The club is working hard to protect its brand and intellectual property including copyright and trade marks which are registered to provide maximum protection.

"We therefore urge fans to only purchase genuine merchandise so that the club and, ultimately our fans, benefit from the income generated from the sales. Fans are advised that the quality of counterfeit or unofficial products is inferior to those purchased from the club and fans are being urged to avoid purchasing these goods.

"The online sales of counterfeit merchandise is prolific and while the club and the Premier League endeavour to take these illegal sites down and seize fake merchandise as much as possible, it is an ever-increasing problem.”

The club reserves the right to issue licences and only permit club partners and sponsors use of our brand; we also want to prevent third parties from by passing off their association with the club and freely benefit from our goodwill and reputation.

As a consequence of gaining promotion to the Premier League, the club’s brand is becoming even more recognised across the world, and the legal department is encouraging fans to make us aware of any illegal merchandise being sold in store and online. Please email legal@bhafc.co.uk and we can arrange for the sites to be investigated and taken down.

The club reserves the right to refuse entry, confiscate tickets and/or suspend the season ticket of anyone found trying to enter the Amex whilst wearing counterfeit merchandise. Just kidding guys, but hey. Keep em' peeled."

Paul Barber

Seems fair enough.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Totally fair, so not really 'a warning' to most people - just to those trying to make cash out of the club's brand without agreement.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The club reserves the right to refuse entry, confiscate tickets and/or suspend the season ticket of anyone found trying to enter the Amex whilst wearing counterfeit merchandise. Just kidding guys, but hey. Keep em' peeled."

Paul Barber
:lol:

Seems fair enough.
Yep, I don't want the club losing money because of fraudsters.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's totally fair enough.

It's also fair enough to suggest that the club and or Nike have dropped the ball massively not having home kit available for about 8 weeks. There will always be people who buy cheap knock offs, but I bet a not insignificant number of people have bought moody goods because of the omnishambles at the club shop.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
""The club reserves the right to refuse entry, confiscate tickets and/or suspend the season ticket of anyone found trying to enter the Amex whilst wearing counterfeit merchandise. Just kidding guys, but hey. Keep em' peeled."

Read this and thought FFS......then got to the end !!! Good one Paul :clap::clap::clap:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Will that be an end to the half &half scarf sellers outside the Amex ?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If one of these moody places does kids (3-4 years) tops with a sponsor can someone link me and let me know, ta. ;)

The ones without sponsors that the club sell are no good for kids that actually want to look like the players! They look moody if anything!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If the club had ordered enough home shirts then fans would not be forced to purchase counterfeit shirts on the internet.
The club were very short sighted in not ordering enough home shirts for the demand. I can't believe home shirts had sold out 30 mins after the Manchester City game. A lot of lost commercial revenue for the club.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why don't they make stuff that people want like shirts bigger than 2XL or actually get them in the shops when people want to buy them ?
Could try going on a diet

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Paul Barber[/I]

Come Easy, you added that bit didn't you ???

If the club had ordered enough home shirts then fans would not be forced to purchase counterfeit shirts on the internet.
The club were very short sighted in not ordering enough home shirts for the demand. I can't believe home shirts had sold out 30 mins after the Manchester City game. A lot of lost commercial revenue for the club.

I get it's frustrating but "forced" to buy shirts elsewhere seems a tad over dramatic.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does this mean we can still get a Palace Half and Half scarf for the November game?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here