Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm thinking Val D'isere. Love the place and many many resorts very close by that you can ski into or get the chauffer to driver you to.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

I've been to Val a couple of times, loved it. So many positives, including not too bad for traffic being virtually the end of the cul de sac valley. With lively nightlife, which is unusual for France.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd go 'large' down at the local Toby carvery I can tell you, first off.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
First thing I'd do is try and turn it into £250 million. One thing you realise when playing this game that nothing is ever enough!

But the basics -

£20m or so for family and close friends. That will be the tough one, where do you draw the line?

£30m or so into a portfolio of property, bonds, shares, etc. so that my children and grandchildren will inherit my wealth and its long-lasting. Employ my best mate accountant on a massive wage to manage it all

£65m into a Trust Fund. One of the things I've heard is that you get inundated with requests for money, so need somewhere to direct people to. Use the interest to pay out grants, and encourage other rich bods to pay into it. Core to this will be a grant scheme for people like I was, young scientists and conservationists starting out their careers and setting up their own field projects. Paying out grants will be more rewarding than just giving great big chunks to charity

£5m straight away into my own Foundation to set it up for the next decade

That leaves £3m which I guess I buy a house and car and school fees and live off for a bit. I couldn't not work for the rest of my life, but I'd have a couple of charities just waiting to be run, it would be fantastic :)

So it will never happen of course :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, no winner. It rolls on to an estimated £136M on Friday...so

"What would you do with £136m?"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So, no winner. It rolls on to an estimated £136M on Friday...so

"What would you do with £136m?"
Buy an estate and have a huge paintballing battle

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd ring my ex wife!!

MS: "Hello, MrSnuggles here. I've just won 123 million pounds!!"
EW: "Really?"
MS: "Yes really. I know we've had our differences, but it's all water under the bridge now isn't it? Would you like half a million to make your life just a little bit easier?"
EW: "God I'm so sorry about the past. And yes please, of course I would. You absolute angel."
MS: "Well go and get a better f**king job then" <clink>

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
EW: "Really?"
MS: "Yes really. I know we've had our differences, but it's all water under the bridge now isn't it? Would you like half a million to make your life just a little bit easier?"
EW: "God I'm so sorry about the past. And yes please, of course I would. You absolute angel."
MS: "Well go and get a better f**king job then" <clink>

Or

EW: "Where's the number for my divorce lawyer"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd get it all out in cash and just roll about in it and when the boys come round when I inevitably forget to pay my bills because I'm too busy being rich I'd just throw money at them and shout "get off my property you filthy poors!" And just basically buy everything and be really irresponsible.
Lol! I always said similarly I wouldn't hand my notice in...I'd pay my newly appointed Butler and chauffeur to deliver in my letter of resignation on a silver tray instead ;)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Learn to fly, buy a Spitfire (just the 3 million these days), base it at Goodwood and then spend the rest of my days chucking it about the air above the South Downs on a regular basis.
That sounds fantastic, but your life expectancy would be pretty short, so I guess you wouldn't be around to spend most of it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£20m or so for family and close friends. That will be the tough one, where do you draw the line?
Good question. Perhaps start with the idea that none of them are ever allowed to tell anyone else how much you gave them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or

MS: "Here's the number, but she can't discuss anything with you, as she's my lawyer now."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here