Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do with £123m

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd buy a massive brown field site, and turn it into the world's biggest go-kart track. I'd also turn as much of it 'green' as possible. I'd open it to the public, free of charge provided they give 5 hours to a community/charity project first. Races would have up to 20 karts each, for pure mayhem. I'd have leagues and everything. I'd have the fastest kart (ahem).

On days when it's not open to the public, I'd just get mates over and have a ruddy good time.

And hire the lovely guy Sebastian Vettel for karting lessons.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd buy Harry Redknapp's house but I don't think £213m would be enough.

Useful for the FA Cup third round replay at Bournemouth in January.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would keep the £3m for wife and I then give my brother and my wifes brothers and sister. £2m each The rest I would divide between my 3 sons and hope that I live another 7 years to avoid duties. The boys could then sort out their children. our grandchildren, as they wished

Apparently the biggest problem with such a win is the safety and security of your family esoecially children as you become liable for kidnap and extortioni
i am sure Orange Square or Savannah would organise you a free wake if you don't make seven Years, if that helps .

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
There would be an awful lot of shiny new expensive bikes winging there way around the roads of Sussex.
Plus a couple of mortgages paid.

The one downside would be the proliferation of 'sob stories' that end up on here as my MO becomes apparent.
by a electric bike and do the Great HH bike ride 80miles:mad:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd buy a massive brown field site, and turn it into the world's biggest go-kart track. I'd also turn as much of it 'green' as possible. I'd open it to the public, free of charge provided they give 5 hours to a community/charity project first. Races would have up to 20 karts each, for pure mayhem. I'd have leagues and everything. I'd have the fastest kart (ahem).

On days when it's not open to the public, I'd just get mates over and have a ruddy good time.

Strangely, I've never considered putting go-kart racing in the same sentence as being as green as possible...........................

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
1. I'd buy a nice place in the Highlands, somewhere modest with a runway there or near by and a couple of houses elsewhere, one somewhere warm and another secluded place in America/Canada

2. Flying lessons to utilise said runway and a smallish private jet, something like the Hondajet, a twin prop plane for the smaller runways or maybe a Spitfire (Shoreham is too short for the Hondajet :glare:)

3. A mainline registered heritage railway locomotive, something for more sedate journeys around the country when the plane isn't desired, preferably with an old Motorail van to bring a car with me, a sleeper carriage and an old Pulman coach as well

4. A fleet of very nice cars, I'm a sucker for McLarens so a couple of those, I'd have to include something like an Audi RS6 Avant or Mercedes E63 estate as something practical to ferry to dogs/child around and definitely a Ford GT40

5. I'd give BTCC or GT racing a go for a year, why not.

I'm not sure I'd give up my job at first though, I'd like to think I'd carry on even if its just to see how much I could get away with before being fired. I'd also do the stuff everyone would do, make sure family and close friends are pretty much set up without debt and could live comfortably without giving them enough to give up work, just the freedom to do anything they liked.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Make sure my two daughters are financially secure for the rest of their lives...buy a house in the West Indies - St. John's and one in kefalonia. Buy a small yacht and moor it in the marina in St. John's. So six months in the WI and 6 months in the Greek islands.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This, This & This

Attachments

• popkorn.pl_samochody_pontiac-gto-1967_150490.jpg
    popkorn.pl_samochody_pontiac-gto-1967_150490.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 21192287_772014746304886_929843580739451960_n.jpg
    21192287_772014746304886_929843580739451960_n.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 180
  • ab10e017726b6fdc13a9d1a1ce089876.jpg
    ab10e017726b6fdc13a9d1a1ce089876.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 179

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Make sure my two daughters are financially secure for the rest of their lives...buy a house in the West Indies - St. John's and one in kefalonia. Buy a small yacht and moor it in the marina in St. John's. So six months in the WI and 6 months in the Greek islands.

If that was the case how would you get back to The Amex for games? I have always said I would live in Spain and assuming the games were on Saturday fly back to HH on Thursday spend the weekend visiting family and going to the match then fly back to Spain Tuesday unless a midweek game in which case it would be Wednesday.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If that was the case how would you get back to The Amex for games? I have always said I would live in Spain and assuming the games were on Saturday fly back to HH on Thursday spend the weekend visiting family and going to the match then fly back to Spain Tuesday unless a midweek game in which case it would be Wednesday.

goodness me.....you could charter a lear jet for about 15 k ....so you could move a bit further than spain.......come on mate , give it a nudge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would be Spain or Cyprus but there are too many Russians in Cyprus for me now. Possibly The Algarve but I prefer Spain to The Algarve

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
I'd start/take over a non-league football club- probably at county league level and just go on a massive spending spree

-Build a stadium and name it after myself (inc. statue of myself obviously)
-Hire a flair manager like David Ginola or Jose Luis Chilavert
-give him a massive transfer WARCHEST to sign loads of flair foreigners
-Gain a reputation for constantly interfering with the playing side of things (eg. giving myself the number 9 shirt and forcing Ginola to give me 10 minutes at the end of every game)

and just see how far I get before bankruptcy

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd start/take over a non-league football club- probably at county league level and just go on a massive spending spree

-Build a stadium and name it after myself (inc. statue of myself obviously)
-Hire a flair manager like David Ginola or Jose Luis Chilavert
-give him a massive transfer WARCHEST to sign loads of flair foreigners
-Gain a reputation for constantly interfering with the playing side of things (eg. giving myself the number 9 shirt and forcing Ginola to give me 10 minutes at the end of every game)

and just see how far I get before bankruptcy

You're not Glenn Tamplin, are you?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I really wouldn't bother. I am still struggling to get any enthusiasm these days ( west brom renewed it for a couple of days) and really wouldnt miss it!

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
At the very least;

Open a live music venue in Brighton, after purchasing an empty site
Buy a house in Brighton and kit it out with rooms for a vinyl collection, a media studio to record radio shows and edit my YouTube live music series
Travel around the world - flights to the States are only £130 each way!
Fix my teeth

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
should the enthusiasm return you could always take out a Bein Sports annual subscription as you would not be in the UK.

I'm not sure you realise when you're being funny. Which is one of the reasons you are such a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, covered in hair and Vaseline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here