Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I can't remember a time when a league cup performance was ever an indicator of how well our season might go. In fact, in recent years, I'm fairly sure that the poorer the cup run, the better the ultimate league outcome. I'm not sure why people are getting so upset. Although, if I'd spent time and money to actually go along and watch the game, then I'd be pretty damned miffed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I can't remember a time when a league cup performance was ever an indicator of how well our season might go. In fact, in recent years, I'm fairly sure that the poorer the cup run, the better the ultimate league outcome. I'm not sure why people are getting so upset. Although, if I'd spent time and money to actually go along and watch the game, then I'd be pretty damned miffed.
This
Newsflash....
Paul Barber is going to hold a special bedwetters Q & A tonight on the train on the way home.
Suck it up we lost move on :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

100% agree, this was a completely different team to the PL game on Friday

FA Cup I care, Carbao is tin pot

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How did the fat Colombian get on?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The positives were the two youngsters in midfield. We had no midfield going forward though and nothing upfront. Whilst in the wider picture this cup is not important , the game was important to establish some confidence. Houghton needed to make changes on 75 mins...he didn't and that is perhaps the biggest worry. Also it would have Ben a good opportunity for Tolley.

D

Deleted member 2719

They conceded in the 99th minute. BMuff had more shots on target etc, seemingly, defensively we were sound...again.

Being good a defending all over the pitch is great, however we are in the entertainment business, watching matches we have little chance in scoring in makes it somewhat dull IMO.

Let's hope we can be more adventurous sometimes without the fear of god of conceding.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Let's put this in perspective....due to injuries to strikers and central midfielders, we had to play a weakened 2nd team as we can't take risks In certain positions. It was a fitness run out for squad players. Bournemouth's team had many players that have regularly played in their first team. Our priority is the PL. we lost, but it's not worth getting despondant about...it's Sunday that's the crucial game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two hours of football and no goals. And Palace won. Still, all will be well again if we beat Newcastle on Sunday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Let's put this in perspective....due to injuries to strikers and central midfielders, we had to play a weakened 2nd team as we can't take risks In certain positions. It was a fitness run out for squad players. Bournemouth's team had many players that have regularly played in their first team. Our priority is the PL. we lost, but it's not worth getting despondant about...it's Sunday that's the crucial game.

And there is still the FA Cup...i can actually pronounce that one :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here