Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well at least our manager was delighted with our display

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was a very lame attempt by Murphy though.

Nothing else expected really. Another who should have been binned off.

Why wasn't a young forward given the chance. We do have some young forwards don't we?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing else expected really. Another who should have been binned off.

Why wasn't a young forward given the chance. We do have some young forwards don't we?

Had the club binned off those deemed not worthy, with the transfer business it, did they'd now have an 11 man squad...

...brave, very brave. :jester:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
120 mins one chance embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price paid for having zero PL quality strikers.

Bournemouth in total have spent huge sums on wages and fees for PL quality strikers over recent seasons. Low and behold, other than their tiny blip at the beginning of this season, they have players that score at this level.

Howe isn't a genius. His board spent the cash and the rest is obvious.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You mean like he did at Leicester, Watford and Friday night. Waited until we went 2-0 down at Leicester. Waited until deep into the game at Watford before making any changes and again, waited until we were 2-1 down on Friday night before deciding to do anything. Reactive and extremely frustrating.

Which is strange. In the Championship, I liked CH for very often subbing players early, NOT waiting to the 80th minute, in tight games.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Our reserves lost to another reserve side and some people are slitting their wrists. Not even our best reserve side, in fact, since Sidwell and Kayal were unavailable. Our past three Premier League results have been DWL. Let's see what happens against the over-hyped Geordies on Sunday and if we lose that, I'll happily join in the wrist-slitting. Until then ...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Bournemouth in total have spent huge sums on wages and fees for PL quality strikers over recent seasons. Low and behold, other than their tiny blip at the beginning of this season, they have players that score at this level.

I agree with this and if you also bear in mind CH's innate tactical conservatism and defensive focus it's going to be a long and probably painful haul until January when hopefully some cavalry will be brought in to help releive the incessant, every game seige on our defence. I just hope its's not too late by then.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Good to see a few of their fans enjoyed our performance.

zmm7mu.png

jr4qjc.png

I agree with every word.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Our reserves lost to another reserve side and some people are slitting their wrists. Not even our best reserve side, in fact, since Sidwell and Kayal were unavailable. Our past three Premier League results have been DWL. Let's see what happens against the over-hyped Geordies on Sunday and if we lose that, I'll happily join in the wrist-slitting. Until then ...

Reserves ?lol best or not it was no different . There reserves had two strikers that would walk into our squad we had a winger that should not be here playing up front because we don't want to pay the going rate embarrassing . Bet there was not another team playing last night that did that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree with this and if you also bear in mind CH's innate tactical conservatism and defensive focus it's going to be a long and probably painful haul until January when hopefully some cavalry will be brought in to help releive the incessant, every game seige on our defence. I just hope its's not too late by then.

It seems that most people, especially Norwich fans, say that about CH.

But in my opinion, the 28 months of Championship football we saw under him was the best I've seen in 41 years of following the Albion. Only Mullery's Albion matched that.

Edge of your seat, counter attacking at pace, so many goals scored and so many wins.

I would assume that CH reverts to solid defensive football when he knows a club hasn't got the attacking tools at that level (obviously he's never going to admit it). If this synopsis is accurate, then this style of play is a direct result of CH being handed poor attacking resources AT THIS LEVEL.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reserves ?lol best or not it was no different . There reserves had two strikers that would walk into our squad we had a winger that should not be here playing up front because we don't want to pay the going rate embarrassing . Bet there was not another team playing last night that did that.

Why do you think deals fell through because we didn't pay the going rate? I read about a failed medical, and another striker withheld by his club, because of a team mate's injury, but not that we refused to pay the going rate (whatever that is)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Last season we were knocked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round by Reading 1-0, so very similar to this season. A club in the same division as us, and losing by the same margin.
I don't remember all the hand wringing and moaning then. It was more of let's get the promotion this season, and who cares about a cup game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I agree with every word.

Nothing wrong with those comments.

It is bloody dull watching us go into most games defending from the start especially away from home. You might get away with it in the Championship but not this league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The major concern as I see it is that CH has said he wasnt pleased with the result but he was with the performance. The people I have spoken to all say the performance was a disgrace by nearly everybody playing for us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's the comparison with Boro that scares me.

Which would leave Barber and Bloom's dream of club that breaks even and is able to gradually pay off the £290m debt, in tatters.

The old chestnut ... new goal scoring and pacey playerS were required in the period 17th April to 31st August. That wasn't achieved, giving CH a nightmare task.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing wrong with those comments.

It is bloody dull watching us go into most games defending from the start especially away from home. You might get away with it in the Championship but not this league.

Well, that's true. One or two chances and PL quality game changers will score. Except we're giving away many chances, massively increasing the jeopardy.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I really do think it's time to stop bashing Smug Eddie and accept that the guy has got a lot right.

He's taken Bournemouth up with an attacking brand of football and he has kept them there.

What we need to do is acclimatise and learn how to become more of an attacking side. We are defensive right now and it's a philosophy that has done us well to date, but we're not going to survive in the top flight on defence alone.

We also have to accept that there are no magic strikers out there - not that we can afford. So with no magic bullet, it's up to coaching our team to get on the front foot faster; to push up the field faster. We need to be fit and pacey. We have a great back 4, let's trust in them more. Fewer sideways and backward passes from our midfield - more forward balls into the space where our pacey players should be running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here