Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
According to BBC Match Stats, we've enjoyed up to 59% possession, but with only 3 shots on target, compared to 9 for Bournemouth (and 7 shots for us overall compared to their 29!).

Our failure to bring in a striker in the transfer window is going to haunt us continually.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
According to BBC Match Stats, we've enjoyed up to 59% possession, but with only 3 shots on target, compared to 9 for Bournemouth (and 7 shots for us overall compared to their 29!).

Our failure to bring in a striker in the transfer window is going to haunt us continually.

And so it should. A massive failure by the club. Let's hope it doesn't lead to relegation.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Passing forward would be a start.

That's not part of the lexicon this season. Still, I'm behind CH and the boys. Come on lads. They'll get this right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How on earth does a premier league team allow a struggling side have nearly 30 shots against them thats 45 shots in two games by the same team, a team that is second bottom and by all accounts terrible.

Because Yawnmouth have spent huge sums over 4 years building a top half PL squad. They lost just a few games at the very beginning of the season. But playing a lower budget team lacking PL quality strikers, at home, was the perfect remedy to end their tiny winless run.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Possession is a meaningless stat in football.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not signing quality strikers will cost us every f@ucking week

Quality or not, if we don't create any chances any striker would score a blank. It's our lack of ball retention and ability to build attacks in many games that's the worry.

D

Deleted member 2719

And so it should. A massive failure by the club. Let's hope it doesn't lead to relegation.

Don't write us off yet we have a chance to win the foul count, we are currently smashing them 10 fouls to 9.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not sure why we didn't just let them score in the 90 minutes. Sounds like we have shown no intention to win the game. More defensive practice. Ah well. Looking forward to our attacking game coming to life on Sunday.

Ps we'll win this one 2-1 [emoji3]

I wonder if we will ever score 2 goals in the next few games :(

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Another game we appear to losing at a whimper. This is going to be long season.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Because Yawnmouth have spent huge sums over 4 years building a top half PL squad. They lost just a few games at the very beginning of the season. But playing a lower budget team lacking PL quality strikers, at home, was the perfect remedy to end their tiny winless run.

Yep. They finished 9th last season and are very tidy. They are in fact the model on the pitch that we need to emulate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here