Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone know why we played Bournemouth twice in succession and wore two different strips? I thought the change strip was just to be worn if the home strip clashed?

I was disappointed that we didn't wear stripes in the game that mattered. Presumably it being on Sky meant a chance to try to sell more away kits, even though they had to change the usual black socks to gold because of a clash with the village team's.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love these occasional references to Ben from BensGrandad.

For me, Ben and NSC is a bit like Elizabeth Mainwaring and 'Dad's Army' - central to the plot but never appears on screen. Lovely stuff.

You must realize that I started taking him when he was 3 but is he is now 23 and goes to games on his own. He is however still my grandson and speaks to me about football a lot.
I bet he's on NSC, he's just too embarrassed to admit it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Being good a defending all over the pitch is great, however we are in the entertainment business, watching matches we have little chance in scoring in makes it somewhat dull IMO.
If we can survive this season, I'll take that, then we can use the money to invest and become more entertaining.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Good to see a few of their fans enjoyed our performance.

zmm7mu.png

jr4qjc.png

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Or alternatively make absolutely sure they're not injured for a match that actually matters.

I get really cheesed off by comments like this.
All the matches matter and we have to start taking risks or we will deserve everything we get.
We are far too defensive and seem scared of any opposition.
Terribly frustrating, let off the leash against WBA, then reeled back in again.
How can anybody be happy with that, it must even grate the more competitive players, they must feel gelded.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Should we care about the F L Cup?

We never do much and this year no exception. In the future, cup ties will be our paths to glory since (unless we do a Leicester ) we will not win the Prem. For now though nothing must distract us from the big job that is league survival.
Consolidate our position and build for the future....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We all know we are going to field a shite team, however, the first half was pretty even and there was the remote hope we might go for it in the second. However, I can't help but feel that the management were disrespectful to both fans and to the players that they kept on the pitch for the entire second half. We were under the cosh for 45 minutes with no respite other than the golden opportunity for Murphy which he characteristically spurned. The only reason we were still in the game was the woeful shooting by Bournemouth. The game was crying out for either Knockhaert or March but Hughton did nothing until we went behind so it was nothing more than a token gesture.

You mean like he did at Leicester, Watford and Friday night. Waited until we went 2-0 down at Leicester. Waited until deep into the game at Watford before making any changes and again, waited until we were 2-1 down on Friday night before deciding to do anything. Reactive and extremely frustrating.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Should we care about the F L Cup?

We never do much and this year no exception. In the future, cup ties will be our paths to glory since (unless we do a Leicester ) we will not win the Prem. For now though nothing must distract us from the big job that is league survival.
Consolidate our position and build for the future....

I would like to see us taking it seriously. I would love to see us actually win something and these cups are the most likely option by some distance. I know that survival should be our highest priority but i think a good cup run can keep things positive.

I would like to have seen us take it more seriously.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Simple although we r ok defensively we have no outlet to ease pressure . Eventually at this level a mistake will happen and we r punished .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the way I see it. In the Championship we could often limit the opposition to a score of Nil and decent strikers and wide men produced a decent haul for us.

Our defence is good so in the Prem 1 or 2 isn't bad, against the big boys it might be 4, 5 or 6 though.

Premier League strikers are too good to be giving endless chances to. We haven't got any but most of the teams we're going to play have 1 or 2 so it's difficult to see how we're not just a bit fukked

I haven't wet the bed yet but I'm thinking of maybe buying a rubber sheet

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One positive. We had the best chance of the entire game. Admittedly Murphy missed it / the keeper saved it*

*delete as applicable

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Their keeper saved it. He got a toe to it, because it went out for a corner.

Their keeper seemed pretty adamant he hadn't touched it, and the ref took an age to decide whether it was a corner or a goal kick.

It may well have been missing regardless.

(I thought he had touched it FWIW)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here