EFL Cup

Venue: Vitality Stadium
Date: Tuesday 19th September 2017
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Michael McDonough
Fourth official: Roger East

TEAM NEWS

Jordon Ibe could start for Bournemouth in Tuesday's home EFL Cup third-round tie against Brighton.

The forward came off the bench and provided two assists as the Cherries beat the Seagulls in the Premier League on Friday.

Summer signings Jose Izquierdo, Ezequiel Schelotto and Tim Krul could make their first starts for Brighton.

Izzy Brown (hamstring) has returned to training but this game could come too soon.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]This will be the first meeting between these two sides in the League Cup.
    [*=left]Bournemouth are unbeaten in their past six games against Brighton, winning both league games in the 2014-15 Championship campaign, their last meeting before this season.
    [*=left]The Cherries have reached the fourth round in two of their past three campaigns, although they have lost their last two games against Premier League opposition.
    [*=left]Brighton are looking to reach the fourth round for only the second time since 1980, last doing so in 2014-15.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
"Brighton are looking to reach the fourth round for only the second time since 1980, last doing so in 2014-15."

We really are very, very shit at cup competitions aren't we?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
"Brighton are looking to reach the fourth round for only the second time since 1980, last doing so in 2014-15."

We really are very, very shit at cup competitions aren't we?

To be fair we are a club who normally has one eye on the league for one reason or another. Not a club like Ipswich who always seem to end up finishing midtable

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
To be fair we are a club who normally has one eye on the league for one reason or another. Not a club like Ipswich who always seem to end up finishing midtable

That's true in recent years but still, we are proper shite in the cups. One F.A cup final, no semi final defeats, any quarter finals?

As for the league cup that stat is staggering. We've made the fourth round once in 36 years. The fourth round isn't even the quarter finals, it's the last 16.

It's my dream that if we can get a proper foothold in the premier league we'll take the cups seriously. I'd love a cup run, any cup. Doubt we'll get one this year though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
23f129a77485b9c74d48dd93d6e28f4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Getting a bit sick of Bournemouth getting one over on us. Am going to pretend this is a real game that means something and that I care.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Come on The Albion.

I would love a cup run, even in this competition. Any victory must help to build confidence in general at the club and winning is a habit. Who knows, it could help develop our fringe players and even provide a bit of excitement or, dare I dream, silverware?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
IMG_2741.PNG
That's true in recent years but still, we are proper shite in the cups. One F.A cup final, no semi final defeats, any quarter finals?

As for the league cup that stat is staggering. We've made the fourth round once in 36 years. The fourth round isn't even the quarter finals, it's the last 16.

It's my dream that if we can get a proper foothold in the premier league we'll take the cups seriously. I'd love a cup run, any cup. Doubt we'll get one this year though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here