Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sainsbury park and ride for Newcastle game

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
What's it's like? How early is it advisable to get there, number of busses etc? Normally park at Mill Road but West give is far better for us coming from West Sussex.

It's been a while since I did it (last season) but I can recommend it. Plenty of buses going out and the pick up by the Student Union works pretty well. I would say it faster then Mill Road for both getting in and out after.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Can anyone tell me where you are dropped off and picked up please?
Dropped off and picked up by the Student Union, the road that leads into the Brighton Uni campus on top of the hill

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can anyone tell me where you are dropped off and picked up please?

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 13.55.40.png

Picked up/dropped off where the pin is on the screenshot.

Having done park and ride from all 3 locations this one has shortest/fastest queues for buses in my experience.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Coming from Burgess Hill is there a better option than the Mill Road for P&R ?

Cant wait till the boys are a bit bigger and the train becomes an option...

Leaving home at 12.45 latest to make sure I can park for a home game at Mill Road is just ridiculous really...

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
What time would you recommend arriving there at? I get to Mill Road 2 hours before kick off just to be safe and it seems to be getting busier and busier.

Ive used it a few times now and it takes about half an hour from there to the ground. Being a Sunday as well means less traffic.

The best part is that because you pre book your parking space, you can turn up an hour before knowing you have a space and it wont be full like Mill Road is 90 mins before the game.

Last edited:

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
Sorry peeps I am being a bit thick - I have got where the pick up is at the ground but what Sainsbury's are we talking about? I am assuming the West Hove one - is that correct?

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
Thanks for that, although I am assuming you are confirming West Hove rather than that I was being thick! [emoji3]

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
That’s brilliant, thanks. I need a quick getaway as I have a long drive home and up early Monday to get to the airport!
In my experience in using this particular P&R you will NOT get a quick getaway, we waited bloody ages for the buses to get in and out because of the serious amount of traffic stopping anything from moving, will never use it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here