Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***LV CC, Durham v Sussex, Riverside Chester-le-Street, 19-22 September 10.30 starts****

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I've just noticed that division 1 is 8 teams and division 2 is 10, however in both cases each team plays 14 matches.

Division 2 - 10 teams, 14 matches. Really? Doesn't seem right does it?

61/7 now. Blimey. Thought this would be tight!

ECB couldn't organise a drinking competition in a brewery. We came off bad as didn't we get Notts and the better teams twice - I think it was Glamorgan at home we lost. Shocking in my mind - you play everyone twice and cut out some of the 20 20 garbage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35754435

Actually its about 4 at a glance - not sure we played Derby away or Northants at home either

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ECB couldn't organise a drinking competition in a brewery. We came off bad as didn't we get Notts and the better teams twice - I think it was Glamorgan at home we lost. Shocking in my mind - you play everyone twice and cut out some of the 20 20 garbage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35754435

Re-equalize the divisions to 9 teams each, and play everyone twice (16 games). Unbelievable that anyone at all could argue for any other system, really. Madness.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Re-equalize the divisions to 9 teams each, and play everyone twice (16 games). Unbelievable that anyone at all could argue for any other system, really. Madness.

The received wisdom from on high seems to be that there are too many 4-day games (I don't agree, but I'm not the ECB). Given they want to trim the number, I'd have 3 divisions of six with everyone playing home and away, giving ten games. BUT... I'd have a fifth day in reserve to make up time lost to weather.

I agree that not having everyone play each other home and away is an absolute farce.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This record last wicket stand is off to a strong start.

126/9 only another 138 required.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
This would be ultimate Sussex if we don't win this due to the rain :lolol:

Amazing game at Hampshire. Needing 180 odd, Hampshire are 16-4! Essex were bowled out for 70 odd in the first innings

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here