Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***LV CC, Durham v Sussex, Riverside Chester-le-Street, 19-22 September 10.30 starts****

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Radio just said our average opening partnership of the season is just under 17 runs. Something we need to boost if we want to get promoted next year.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
May as well put this in Childish Ramblings

and to rubber stamp that, if the regular Sussex were swapped with the regular Albion team what would the batting order be and who would play where? That is ridiculously childish but possibly more interesting than this game.

I would have Sussex:

1. Propper
2. March
3. Knockeart
4. Hemed
5. Stephens
6. Gross
7. Ryan (W)
8. Suttner
9 Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Bruno.

I cannot do those football formation things so will leave the Sussex footie team to others.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
and to rubber stamp that, if the regular Sussex were swapped with the regular Albion team what would the batting order be and who would play where? That is ridiculously childish but possibly more interesting than this game.

I would have Sussex:

1. Propper
2. March
3. Knockeart
4. Hemed
5. Stephens
6. Gross
7. Ryan (W)
8. Suttner
9 Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Bruno.

I cannot do those football formation things so will leave the Sussex footie team to others.

Back in the 70s, I remember the Albion playing a cricket match at Sussex - may even have done it twice. It was after Graham Cross had left - as an ex-county pro, he'd have been useful. I do remember that Ken Tiler looked like a real cricketer, he'd clearly played at a decent level, and Lawro looking useful too.

They'd struggle to do that now: can't see Bruno, Tomer and Knocky being able to hold a bat - although I bet Ryan's played a bit.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Agreed the big cheque book from the Oval do not want him burnt out for next season. He will join Bros there.

Why not bothered about Saffer and Evans?
Jofra very likely to be with us at Hove next season.

Unless we're winning trophies then my only real pleasure comes from younger and more home nurtured players doing well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wells has just passed 1000 runs for the season: well done Luke. He'll probably be the only Sussex player to do it

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Back in the 70s, I remember the Albion playing a cricket match at Sussex - may even have done it twice. It was after Graham Cross had left - as an ex-county pro, he'd have been useful. I do remember that Ken Tiler looked like a real cricketer, he'd clearly played at a decent level, and Lawro looking useful too.

They'd struggle to do that now: can't see Bruno, Tomer and Knocky being able to hold a bat - although I bet Ryan's played a bit.

Izquierdo is a top quality spin bowler by all accounts .
west-indies-net-session_c6f3cf9a-5745-11e7-b50f-ad66c5ec5579.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I would have Sussex:

1. Propper
2. March
3. Knockeart
4. Hemed
5. Stephens
6. Gross
7. Ryan (W)
8. Suttner
9 Dunk
10. Duffy
11. Bruno.

Duffy to open surely, if his batting is anything like his defending then nothing is getting through. Play the Boycott role at the top of the order and see off the new ball.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Excuse me we are discussing how the Albion team would line up at Cricket. can you stop reporting the score of a match which is meaningless?

Sussex are 105 for 1

Opening batsman Glen Murray got a first ball duck.

However fellow opener Hemed has moved onto 52

His partnership with Knockhaert has reached 100

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Sussex are 105 for 1

Opening batsman Glen Murray got a first ball duck.

However fellow opener Hemed has moved onto 52

His partnership with Knockhaert has reached 100

Coach Davis has sent a message out with Drinks. Both batsmen to hold back and score slowly encouraging Durham to attack us at which time we will counter attack with pace on the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here