Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W1A is back...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Not seen it before..... but very impressed. Very Clever, excellent cast and very well done

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cringe, because its so real. people with very big salaries and directing large, culturally significant companies.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
There's me thinking , they have release a new set of seats at the Amex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Must be me but did not find one thing funny about it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant series ...loved the first two series and of course the olympics 2012 which was also brilliant.

I think the acting and timing , especially in the meetings how they chip in with platitudes is so clever.

Glad there is 6 shows as I have watched the other series on my iPod to death!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Think it's run out of material tbh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed. It was much better when it had a central theme (Olympics) now it's overly reliant on the management/pc doublespeak which becomes a bit tedious. Brexit is ripe for mining comedy Gold but probably deemed too sensitive/controversial by Commissioning lead person - Impartiality/diversity/Inclusion team. Hopefully, it will improve.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Episode 2 is up on iPlayer...

"Cross-dressing ex-Premier League footballer Ryan Chelford's appearance on a late-night, midweek edition of Match of the Day did not go well. Host Gary Lineker and pundit Alan Shearer were literally lost for words. But the BBC in general and, in his role as head of values Ian Fletcher in particular, are under pressure to find an on-screen role for Ryan as quickly as possible. A summit meeting is arranged to include heads of football, inclusivity and a late curve ball in the shape of head of diversity to try and find a solution to a problem that is getting increasing attention on social media.

Meanwhile, the campaign to launch user-generated content platform BBC Me gathers pace with David Wilkes still keen to take ownership of the idea he originally borrowed from ex-intern Will Humphries."

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must admit, it really makes me laugh. The people I know at the BBC are generally 'on the frontline' ie actually doing reporting and producing content. And they all say the portrayal of the responsibility-dodging executive types is scarily accurate.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Max and Ivan who play Ben and Jerry have had some success with their shows at Edinburgh, I'd love to see them get more exposure from this, two very talented guys.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I might give it another go but I didn't really like the last series. I really enjoyed 2012, but W1A seems to be slightly self indulgent and not actually that funny.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I really enjoyed 2012, but W1A seems to be slightly self indulgent and not actually that funny.
One of my friends is an editor on this series. I won't pass on the feedback. :)

I don't think it is that good myself. The ridiculous meetings joke is excellent but there is a diminishing return of funniness.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here