Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

W1A is back...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I love it.

Its not just the great interaction but the more subtle things too.

Why did three of them need to go up to Manchester to watch Match of the Day?

Cool, no, no , yeah, cool

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I might give it another go but I didn't really like the last series. I really enjoyed 2012, but W1A seems to be slightly self indulgent and not actually that funny.

I must confess I watched all of 2012 and drifted away from it over the course of the two previous W1A series as the joke got a bit samey, but I watched the first one of this series on iPlayer on my way into work this morning and thought it was excellent. The cringeworthy arse-licking pointless meetings I've seen many times before but the concept of a cross-dressing ex-pro footballer being absolutely shite on MotD was hilarious.

"You mean he's too dull for Match of the Day?" ???

Well quite. :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
One of my friends is an editor on this series. I won't pass on the feedback. :)

I don't think it is that good myself. The ridiculous meetings joke is excellent but there is a diminishing return of funniness.

Exactly. Anyone who has been in a workplace like this recognises all the types and it is undeniably clever, but funny? Not so much.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I know someone who works at the BBC and he says it is scarily realistic. Love it.

I've spent some time at the new BBC buildings in Salford in the last couple of years. The first time I went there, I had a meeting in the 'Alan Turing Imaginarium'. Which is directly upstairs from the 'Digi-Den'.

The problem with W1A is it's quite hard to satirise something that's already bonkers.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I've spent some time at the new BBC buildings in Salford in the last couple of years. The first time I went there, I had a meeting in the 'Alan Turing Imaginarium'. Which is directly upstairs from the 'Digi-Den'.

The problem with W1A is it's quite hard to satirise something that's already bonkers.

Yes. Exactly.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"This is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better"

Strong.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm struggling a TAD with it.

It feels like the meeting scenes have struck on something funny (the whole yes, no, exactly, absolutely, yes) but to me it becomes a little bit too repetitive.

Maybe it's just me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here