Oooooo, it's a corner!

Meat Pie, Sausage Roll, Comon Brighton, Gi'us a Goal
Ooh it's a corner
Ooh it's a corner

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I love the who shout. How many other clubs do this one? Genuine question.

I seem to recall it's something Birmingham fans we're doing many years ago, perhaps back in the 80s even, had a bit of a revival for us since the Amex opened

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the train back to London with some City fans after we played them in the cup, they (laughingly) mentioned that they hadn't heard this for ages, and it's a real lower league thing..
(Not sure whether thats a good thing or not tbh) :shrug:

Well as Albion are an old school club, I would've expected city fans to have forgotten this tune, seeing how very pleased they are!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My son's first away game was at Charlton, one of CH's first games where we won 1-0 with Ince scoring a header. He was 8 years old.

Up till then we'd managed to not tell him the real words to the chants that he couldn't quite make out from the North Stand, Stood in with 3000 away fans you couldn't really miss it.

A minute in to the match Charlton started up with a drum and 3000 Brighton fans sang "you can stick that f***ing drum up your a**e". Him and his mate fell about laughing. In the second half we were attacking the away end which meant the keeper was in front of us and this chant went up with every goal kick. Him and his mate fell about again.

We decided to save the "don't repeat that in front of your mum / at school" speech for the train from Victoria to Brighton and instead took the kids for a Maccy D's at Victoria. He sat there with his chicken nuggets and all of a sudden blurted out an involuntary "you're shit ahhhhh" loud enough the whole place could hear him.

I still think it's one of his favourite chants.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here