Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paedophile Hunters

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I agree, but I was also advised by a solicitor once to get 'evidence' of abuse happening, which would have meant putting the child in danger just to have the evidence. Better to have someone who is not a child go through that, than the actual child.

Honestly doubt many active paedophiles use the internet to groom kids any more. They would be aware of the liklihood of getting caught and how unlikely it is for them to snare a victim.

Much more likely to groom kids they know locally.

The ones these hunters are catching tend to have a very low intellect, who really aren't much of a danger to anyone apart from themselves.

Look at that 92 year old they caught a couple of months ago. Did he honestly believe a 14 year old girl would be attracted to him? Living in cloud cuckoo land.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The ones these hunters are catching tend to have a very low intellect, who really aren't much of a danger to anyone apart from themselves.

Sorry, but this is just plain untrue!I have watched a few videos on YouTube and these people being caught who you say "aren't really much of a danger" are from all walks of life and arranging to meet 11 year olds for full on sex. (after very graphic chat exchanges lasting months) That's nothing to do with low intellect,they are the actions of a full blown peadophile. It's indefensible and I hope to see lots more of these groups emerging!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Honestly doubt many active paedophiles use the internet to groom kids any more. They would be aware of the liklihood of getting caught and how unlikely it is for them to snare a victim.

Well the one referred to in today's news was grooming online :shrug:

And he was a former company director, not of low intellect, just a vile **** who thankfully has been caught.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Ok, fair enough.

I'm not going to argue about this.

I just prefer to let police do the policing, rather than self appointed vigilantes whose motives could be questionable to say the least.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ok, fair enough.

I'm not going to argue about this.

I just prefer to let police do the policing, rather than self appointed vigilantes whose motives could be questionable to say the least.

In an ideal world I would agree with you (although in an ideal world there would be no paedophiles in the first place) but the Police are undermanned and the fact that evidence from paedophile hunters have been used in numerous cases suggests that, in those cases, they are getting it right.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Try reading about the Philippines and drugs/police/informants/officially sanctioned killings as government policy. Hell somebody (mentioning no names) got elected largely based on it.

On a completely seperate note, anyone can say anyone is doing anything but without evidence I'm sure low paid UK police wouldn't dream of doing something to collect bounty money, linked to paedos or anything........ might not be true in all countries round the world though so thankfully most of this board live in UK. Some countries police earn about $400 a month but can get nice 'brucey bonuses' from Rich people or by killing government sanctioned 'hits' identified by their neighbours.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Someone has to do something,the old bill have no interest in prosecuting nonces.

Can I ask why you think that? Plenty of things you can accuse the police of I'm sure but not wanting to catch paedophiles seems strange.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Is it possible for a vigilante to cause entrapment? Or does entrapment only apply to a law enforcement agent?

I think anybody could do it. Any crime which requires proof of intent (as opposed to simply having to show somebody physically did something) could be a bit of a minefield on that basis.

I'm not saying these people don't deserve to be caught, but equally, it would be frustrating if charges weren't pursued against such an individual because some untrained vigilante failed to tick the relevant boxes in terms of evidence. I'd have thought putting somebody all over the internet before any court case could also lead to claims that it's impossible for the individual to have a fair trial too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Someone has to do something,the old bill have no interest in prosecuting nonces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't be ridiculous. Police officers live in the same streets as you, why would they want criminals like that roaming the streets?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think anybody could do it.
I thought the definition of entrapment meant that the person doing the trapping had to work for the law, so a vigilante entrapping someone wouldn't get them off in court. Happy to be corrected if that's wrong.

I'm not saying these people don't deserve to be caught, but equally, it would be frustrating if charges weren't pursued against such an individual because some untrained vigilante failed to tick the relevant boxes in terms of evidence. I'd have thought putting somebody all over the internet before any court case could also lead to claims that it's impossible for the individual to have a fair trial too.
Indeed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here