Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does Rupert The Bear wear checked trousers?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always thought Rupert Bear was a fecking weirdo

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Why does Rupert The Bear wear checked trousers?

Because he doesn't want a bear behind.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He wears what he wants!
He wears what he waaaants!
He's Rupert the bear!
He wears what he wants!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think if you're a male aged over fifty, the rules are that you may wear whatever coloured trousers you like. Teamed, ideally, with a shirt & a cravat in a jarringly clashing colour. The Henry Blofeld (or the aforementioned Michael Portillo) look.

Yeah, but I was about 27/28 when I wore those check monstrosities. Now I have reached, er, more mature years I could wear some more jarring colours ... but I fear that Mrs Gwylan wouldn't dare be seen with me

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
He wears what he wants!
He wears what he waaaants!
He's Rupert the bear!
He wears what he wants!
That would be amazing to get a group singing that, most travelling fans wouldn't understand

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always thought Rupert Bear was a fecking weirdo

I have very many RTB annuals, as I enjoyed thm in the 60s when I was a nipper, and started a collection later in life. I have a quite old one where, I was astonished (albeit it was in the Express) to find a story where Rupert visits c*** island. I kid you not.

rupert.jpg

DavePage

I have very many RTB annuals, as I enjoyed thm in the 60s when I was a nipper, and started a collection later in life. I have a quite old one where, I was astonished (albeit it was in the Express) to find a story where Rupert visits c*** island. I kid you not.

View attachment 89503
Clearly not checks, just a series of horizontal and vertical stripes

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
In my younger days, I had a pair of green, white and salmon pink checked trousers. I wore them once and realised what a horrible mistake I'd made - they looked like Wallace Chesney's strides (© PG Wodehouse).

We've all done things we're embarrassed about ...

Your mum allegedly your sister.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think if you're a male aged over fifty, the rules are that you may wear whatever coloured trousers you like. Teamed, ideally, with a shirt & a cravat in a jarringly clashing colour. The Henry Blofeld (or the aforementioned Michael Portillo) look.

My dear old thing, I agree.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Because he's actually a Lumberjack Bear but he can't wear a check shirt because you wouldn't be able to see it through his jumper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here