Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paddy McCourt

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can't quite get my head round why a player with such ability has only had 18 caps in 15 years for NI and now plays league of Ireland!

Oct 25, 2003
Can't quite get my head round why a player with such ability has only had 18 caps in 15 years for NI and now plays league of Ireland!

he was going to go for quite a lucrative move to somewhere in Asia (I forget exactly where) while he was with us, but had to return to Ireland with his wife for personal reasons

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
he was going to go for quite a lucrative move to somewhere in Asia (I forget exactly where) while he was with us, but had to return to Ireland with his wife for personal reasons

It wasn't while he was with us, he was with Luton at the time. The personal reasons were that his wife was suffering from a brain tumour. He didn't want to make it known until he knew she would be ok. It's also the reason he dropped out of the Northern Ireland squad for Euro 2016.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/new...before-euro-2016-squad-unveiled-34817758.html

Oct 25, 2003
It wasn't while he was with us, he was with Luton at the time. The personal reasons were that his wife was suffering from a brain tumour. He didn't want to make it known until he knew she would be ok. It's also the reason he dropped out of the Northern Ireland squad for Euro 2016.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/new...before-euro-2016-squad-unveiled-34817758.html

you're correct- I'm mixing the two moves. The Asia move was while he was with us- not sure what happened but he moved to Luton instead and then moved to Ireland due to his wife's ill health

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
you're correct- I'm mixing the two moves. The Asia move was while he was with us- not sure what happened but he moved to Luton instead....
Perhaps this picture goes some way to explaining the confusion...

4608662876.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Loved the man. Laid back, languid and a real luxury but he had magic in them toes. Made football look effortless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here