Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No trains Sunday Barnham <--> Brighton

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The 700 bus service will run to and from bus stop Q at The Old Steine not the usual bus stop T. There are buses every 15 mins between Brighton and Worthing until 1130pm as confirmed via email to me from Stagecoach

Is this service free with st

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes...but it used to be done at night .....like the roads......less bother for everyone.....not today though......can't expect all the foreigners to communicate in the dark ffs....

don't worry...we have our country back...it will all be Ok as we will be awash with money we are not paying to the foreigners in Europe. marvelous brexit scenes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
yes...but it used to be done at night .....like the roads......less bother for everyone.....not today though......can't expect all the foreigners to communicate in the dark ffs....

It was always done at night but the unions pushed the price up for nightwork so that went by the way side. Would you expect Corbyn to change it back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah me and all. I generally really enjoy the cycle once I'm doing it.

Same here. Set off early, nice ride along the seafront from Portslade, grab a paper and a beer somewhere in town, then head straight up Lewes Road. Flat all the way, takes less than an hour ride-time. I should do it more often really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have been refused many times but I do have my OAP pass so have never queried it. I think it is possibly down to the driver and their interpretation of the rules.

I've never once had it refused, I use them all the time. Stagecoach ARE in with the travel plan, they have no reason to refuse it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that some of the officious drivers dont understand the rules as with some ticket collectors on the train dont, as I often use mine from Goring with never being queried although checked.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am sure that some of the officious drivers dont understand the rules as with some ticket collectors on the train dont, as I often use mine from Goring with never being queried although checked.

Well if a 700 driver refuses your season ticket, I can only suggest you scream for a policeman.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Catch a 2 bus into Brighton, and then a 25.

TB this is terrible advice :nono: No one ever catches the number 2 more than once. Technically yes, the number 2 leaves Shoreham and arrives in Brighton, but the two events are several days apart and you will visit suburbs you never even knew existed. Frankly it would be better to make your own way to Newcastle and catch one of their coaches.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
TB this is terrible advice :nono: No one ever catches the number 2 more than once. Technically yes, the number 2 leaves Shoreham and arrives in Brighton, but the two events are several days apart and you will visit suburbs you never even knew existed. Frankly it would be better to make your own way to Newcastle and catch one of their coaches.

I've caught the 2 myself from Western Road to Shoreham (not on a match day) and it takes about 25 minutes. It's free with the match ticket. It's just advice, nothing more.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I've caught the 2 myself from Western Road to Shoreham (not on a match day) and it takes about 25 minutes. It's free with the match ticket. It's just advice, nothing more.

I wasn't being entirely serious. It does meander and if the traffic is bad, it takes a lot more time than the timetable suggests. My plan A is 700 bus and Falmer train.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• maxresdefault (2).jpg
    maxresdefault (2).jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 177

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here