Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth away tomorrow

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have a ticket which I purchased just for the points.
But because I have a ticket I will be going.
Am I depriving a 'fan' of a ticket? Did you go to the League cup games over the past few years at the Amex, most of which had crowds of under 5K and all of which I attended? If not then I'm not depriving you of a ticket. If yes then you are a fan and will have a ST.

theboybilly

I thought the trip out on the coach was actually better than the last two times as we were sent out to the main road rather than through town. Still took ages though. Can't imagine the home gate will be very big.

And people still moan about the Amex transport links :facepalm:

When (or if) AFCB move to the golf course site things can only get worse. Actually a coach may be the better option then. As it was, on Friday it was a nonsense getting out of the coach park but happily plain sailing once on the dual-carriageway. I'll be there again tomorrow but not just for the points

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Am I depriving a 'fan' of a ticket? Did you go to the League cup games over the past few years at the Amex, most of which had crowds of under 5K and all of which I attended? If not then I'm not depriving you of a ticket. If yes then you are a fan and will have a ST.

If you weren't going then yes you would be depriving a fan of a ticket.

Your prior attendance guarantees you a ticket, but it doesn't (or shouldn't) guarantee you a vacancy irrespective of being committed to going.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Whichever league we find ourselves in next year, demand will go down giving a chance for new/younger fans to build points.

Then we will find out how many people have truly been missing out and if we go down, it would be expected our recent away average of c1600-1700 in the Championship would increase as we try to bounce back at the first time of asking. My bet is, if we go down, I will still be standing at Oakwell in an enormous away end with c900-1200 other people who can be arsed.

The more you try to bring null record fans up to parity with large points totals, the more you piss away the dedication shown by those supporting the club through darker times across the arse end of nowhere. If I had a say in the decisions I would not give points for ST ownership as it has no bearing on the dedication of supporting us away. Unfortunately the club deem the financial dedication enough to give this bonus which makes sense in the Championship, where ticket revenue is our bread and butter, but significantly less so on the PL gravy train.

In a way I agree with you as the points gap between the tiers grows wider every away game as a lot of us haven't got the required points and never will have making all the away games an elite only club sadly

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
But where I was on Friday night, there were dozens of people standing in the gangway all the way from the top to about halfway down the stand. They must have had allocated seats somewhere (probably near the front) that were left empty.

This!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In a way I agree with you as the points gap between the tiers grows wider every away game as a lot of us haven't got the required points and never will have making all the away games an elite only club sadly

This is a scenario that will only come to the fore if we stabilise in this division, and if we do so I hope the club will do something about the ST advantage for away games. It really is an unnecessary bonus with a stadium operating at capacity and a huge waiting list. It also completely alienates what few (but hopefully increasing) fans we have scattered around the far reaches of the country, and abroard. There are people knocking around 200 points who have never been to an away game, and if they haven't been by now they never will. So if they aren't capitilising on those points then I can't see many people complaining if they are done away with.

Sure, it might piss a few off who are depending on their ST points to give them a chance at Arsenal etc. but I doubt it will be enough for them to cancel their tickets and even if they do, there are plenty waiting.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Well of course you are entitled to go and I don't begrudge you going, but it is a shame that the loyalty point system has created this situation, with people going 'just for the points' - when there are others who thought this might be their only chance to see Brighton at an away game this season, but can't get a ticket.

I wouldn't take it personally and hope you enjoy the game

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going straight from work and will be driving. Can't remember the last time I drove to a match but must have been Gillingham era.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going straight from work and will be driving. Can't remember the last time I drove to a match but must have been Gillingham era.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
When (or if) AFCB move to the golf course site things can only get worse. Actually a coach may be the better option then. As it was, on Friday it was a nonsense getting out of the coach park but happily plain sailing once on the dual-carriageway. I'll be there again tomorrow but not just for the points

We are moving about 200 yards away. The Academy will be at the golf club.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Can't imagine the home gate will be very big.

500 tickets left. We have a different points system it appears. Our cup games don't count towards league points, just cup points.I'm surprised we sold that many as we always stick out the second string and everyone throws a paddy even in cup quarter finals.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Son and myself going - for the game and points - will be strange leaving home for an away trip evening game less than an hour before KO, unlike the 4 hours it normally takes for a home game evening KO.

Last edited:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Where is best place to park then?

Says free at Harewood College anyone parked there, says about 10 min walk.

I parked at the sovereign shopping centre car park, christchurch road on Friday which was about 10 mins walk from the ground, cost £2 and was easy to get out of and on our way home. Details are in the away fans guide from the Bournemouth FC website.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I saw very few gaps on Friday night and the stairway next to us was packed from half way back with people who preferred to go there than find their seat.

Happened at Watford too, mainly a large group of young lads who wanted to stand together in the aisle rather than go to their seats.

To be honest it was pissing annoying, as they blocked our view of the goal, although had to give them credit for the singing.

Re Bournemouth, I will be pissed off if there are a lot of empty seats, but it's my fault as I didn't get a ticket as quickly as I could have. Girl in the BHA ticket office insisted you had to go through the turnstile to get the points though.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Yep, going tomorrow on the coach from Worthing. Cant do Saturday away games and with so few midweek games now, thought Id make the effort, just hoping we put agood performance in, will be good to see Izquierdo and Schelotto get a full 90 mins.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Me and 3 going... slight reluctance after Friday's driving/parking was so crappy... but hey ho!

A mate who lives locally gave me this advice for the Friday game which you might find useful and it's free on street.

park outside at health centre/gym opposite side of road near queens park golf club. Would be easier to get away at end of match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here