Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth away tomorrow

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I really don't know what the answer to this is, but there is clearly a problem. I went to Bournemouth on Friday night, but my partner who wanted to come was unable to because she had, at the time, ten points fewer than me and that put her in the tier below when the tickets came on sale. I know several others who wanted to come but couldn't. I have no problem with that in principle, except that on the night there were six empty seats in the short row I was sitting in (well standing, actually), and a glance around the away stand suggested there were small pockets of empty seats dotted around. It may be that there were other parts of the stand where there were more people crammed into a row than there were seats, but I couldn't see much of that to be honest. So I did feel slightly resentful that a fair number of people had acquired hard-to-get tickets, but didn't show up for whatever reason. I was surprised really, because there are only 5 points for the league match, if I recall, so it wouldn't have really been worth getting a ticket just for the points.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Loyalty points is just a joke this season. Judging by the posts above, it would have made far more sense to offer no loyalty points for this game. Many people are going primarily because they wanted the points and wouldn't have gone otherwise, thus depriving lots of us who want to go but now can't, and don't care about the points.

There are a few available for tomorrow night available on the ticketing site

No need to feel deprived... snap one up and join in the fun!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
win this and into the last 8 and 2 games from Wembley.

Crappy cup but I'd love it if we could get to Wembley for a cup final.

Would need fair bit of luck but I actually hope we take this game seriously

It would be nice if Brighton get to bypass round 4, but that's not the case. It's a round 3 game tomorrow.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I'm probably only going to Spurs away this season due to a new kitchen being fitted (12k) so need to tighten the expenditure belt.
That said I have 247 points so if anyone wants to go to games.
I don't see the point of buying tickets and not going just to get points , that's throwing money away( unless you are so loaded that you don't care)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I really don't know what the answer to this is, but there is clearly a problem. I went to Bournemouth on Friday night, but my partner who wanted to come was unable to because she had, at the time, ten points fewer than me and that put her in the tier below when the tickets came on sale. I know several others who wanted to come but couldn't. I have no problem with that in principle, except that on the night there were six empty seats in the short row I was sitting in (well standing, actually), and a glance around the away stand suggested there were small pockets of empty seats dotted around. It may be that there were other parts of the stand where there were more people crammed into a row than there were seats, but I couldn't see much of that to be honest. So I did feel slightly resentful that a fair number of people had acquired hard-to-get tickets, but didn't show up for whatever reason. I was surprised really, because there are only 5 points for the league match, if I recall, so it wouldn't have really been worth getting a ticket just for the points.

Nobody would have spent £30 to harvest 5 points. The gaps were due to latecomers standing in the aisles, people not following their 'seats' and clustering elsewhere or simply people whose arrangements changed and/or absent from illness.

There is no answer because there is no question, the loyalty system is working well for a complicated problem. The only thing I would say needs addressing are early round home cup ties where tickets are available en masse at very low prices which must be tempting to points harvest. Despite never agreeing or thinking of doing this myself, I can understand it because you're not preventing anybody else from going.

On the flip side, anybody who bought a ticket for tomorrow with no intention of going is a **** of the highest order, knowing full well there will be comfortably enough people to fill the allocation who would love to go.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I'm going tomorrow. That will put me in to 2nd tier of tickets for West Ham, providing they get added in time

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Rubbish. We had a good contingent at Oxford last season. The only moaning is coming from people who don't have enough points but there's a good reason for that!!!!

No, you miss my point. We would sell out regardless of offering points or not. Yes, I don't have enough points because I haven't got a season ticket. I will therefore never ever get enough points for priority. So points are irrelevant to me. Seeing the Albion is not, however..

I accept I'm back in the queue, but clearly there are people going to this game who wouldn't have gone if there weren't loyalty points allocated. This is the exact definition of becoming a closed shop - its one thing accepting that the same group of away fans will fill up all the seats at Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Palace, all of which aren't going to drop beyond the second tier of points, but galling to find this is the same for league cup games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It would be nice if Brighton get to bypass round 4, but that's not the case. It's a round 3 game tomorrow.

just saying , hope we get through and then all of a sudden not far off

Don't think the club ever gone beyond the 1/4 finals this cup.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I saw very few gaps on Friday night and the stairway next to us was packed from half way back with people who preferred to go there than find their seat.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

How can you sort it out? Those people with loyalty points have accrued them because over the years they have been STHs and have attended games at away grounds. Those that don't have points don't because they haven't been to enough away games in the past when we were in the Championship.

How does someone prove they want to go to an away game rather than just doing if for the points. Take away the loyalty point scheme then how do you reward those of us that have traveled a lot in the past over those that just want a crack at the glamour ties?

On a serious note, I would only allocate loyalty points if a game goes on general sale to members. If it sells out at higher loyalty-point bands, then no new loyalty points are awarded.

Arsenal can sell out in one day to people with 260+ loyalty points, it doesn't really seem reasonable that they should get more loyalty points for that as the tickets were only available to a restricted group of people in the first place. And it would likely stop people jumping in early to this one if all they want are loyalty points.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Arsenal can sell out in one day to people with 260+ loyalty points, it doesn't really seem reasonable that they should get more loyalty points for that as the tickets were only available to a restricted group of people in the first place. And it would likely stop people jumping in early to this one if all they want are loyalty points.

Whichever league we find ourselves in next year, demand will go down giving a chance for new/younger fans to build points.

Then we will find out how many people have truly been missing out and if we go down, it would be expected our recent away average of c1600-1700 in the Championship would increase as we try to bounce back at the first time of asking. My bet is, if we go down, I will still be standing at Oakwell in an enormous away end with c900-1200 other people who can be arsed.

The more you try to bring null record fans up to parity with large points totals, the more you piss away the dedication shown by those supporting the club through darker times across the arse end of nowhere. If I had a say in the decisions I would not give points for ST ownership as it has no bearing on the dedication of supporting us away. Unfortunately the club deem the financial dedication enough to give this bonus which makes sense in the Championship, where ticket revenue is our bread and butter, but significantly less so on the PL gravy train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here