Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will 'they' weasel their way out of this one?

Do you think palace are as good as down already

• Yes

Votes: 57 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 49.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 20 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
30 Games to save the season.

Can't see us getting anything away at the Manchester clubs, Chelsea at home, maybe a point as Sakho and Wilf should be back. Gives us 30 games to try and get 35-40 points, Will be very difficult.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
30 Games to save the season.

Can't see us getting anything away at the Manchester clubs, Chelsea at home, maybe a point as Sakho and Wilf should be back. Gives us 30 games to try and get 35-40 points, Will be very difficult.

Do you think Roy is the man for the job ?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think the next 3 games will determine Palace's season.

Roy should get the defence organised, so even a narrow defeat at City after parking the bus may give them confidence, I'm not convinced United are as good as their early season results suggest, Everton, another team low on confidence, could quite easily have got something yesterday, 4-0 was very flattering for United and had more to do with Everton imploding than United being good. So if Palace put in a good performance against City, they will carry a bit more confidence into the United game, possibly even snatching a point.

Then comes Chelsea, another tough game on paper, but Palace are at home, they will keep improving and who knows maybe even a first win in this one.

Alternatively lose these 3, play crap, and confidence may be eroded beyond repair, 8 games played, 8 losses and possibly still no goals scored, then in my opinion, theyve had it.

So its a maybe from me at this point.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Do you think Parish is the man for the job?

Over the last 7 years he has got most things right, But this summer was a massive mess. The appointment of FDB was obviously not researched properly, I can forgive the board for that to a certain extent. Plenty of managers are not quite what they seem. But going into a season with 1 fit forward and still having a liability between the sticks was incompetent. Parish has certainly lost a lot of support from the fans after this summers dealings.

The fella owns 18% of the club, And still has the overriding call on the major football decisions, So I don't think he will be going anywhere soon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Shocking use of a question in the thread title that is the exact opposite of the poll question. Pretty sure many will have voted wrongly as a result!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Shocking use of a question in the thread title that is the exact opposite of the poll question. Pretty sure many will have voted wrongly as a result!

I voted "No" to the thread title without looking at the poll question, like you say it's switched on the actual poll. :ffsparr:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'l be us. You ask [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION].

That's gone through my mind, too. It is very possible.

If it takes them till the 14th game (when they play us) to get their first point of the season, then they'd already be doomed. Hell, it'd almost be worth it, I think I'd take that. Assuming we haven't had an equally disastrous run ourselves by then of course.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If it takes them till the 14th game (when they play us) to get their first point of the season, then they'd already be doomed. Hell, it'd almost be worth it, I think I'd take that. Assuming we haven't had an equally disastrous run ourselves by then of course.

No, they will get draws, but when it comes to bragging rights, they always seem to get the upper hand.

We beat them 3-0 on Valentines Day, finished quite a few points above them, but they weasled their way into the playoffs on the very last day, and then beat us in the playoffs. Weasels!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, they will get draws, but when it comes to bragging rights, they always seem to get the upper hand.

We beat them 3-0 on Valentines Day, finished quite a few points above them, but they weasled their way into the playoffs on the very last day, and then beat us in the playoffs. Weasels!!

Oh I agree, as a club they really don’t come any snider than CPFC2010. And yes, they are highly likely to pick up points somewhere or other in their next 8 games before they face us.

BUT – if they did actually lose their next 8 games, and finally scraped a draw at the Amex…I don’t think that’d be a bad tradeoff, because they’d be dead and buried by then, and we’d only have 2 relegation spots left to avoid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here